U.S. Postal Rates Are Going Up Again...

Juggernut

This time there's a pretty large increase on non-standard size packages (a lot of models come in boxes larger than 22 inches).  Read all the details here.

Sorry, the link kind of sucks but the information is there.

Edited by Juggernut

Well of course, gotta pay for that excellent service. Like the box I received today that took 21 days to go from Tennessee to Idaho. Takes them 2 days (during a good week) to get it 6 miles from my local PO to my house. So yeah, we should give them tips, too, while we are at it!:frantic:

My friend in Chicago recently (stupidly and I'm still mad at her) paid $80 to ship a not to heavy shoe box sized package to me here in the UK. She reused the box I'd used to send her stuff the month before, I pad a grand total of $30 to send it to her via Royal Mail.

5 hours ago, eoyguy said:

Well of course, gotta pay for that excellent service. Like the box I received today that took 21 days to go from Tennessee to Idaho. Takes them 2 days (during a good week) to get it 6 miles from my local PO to my house. So yeah, we should give them tips, too, while we are at it!:frantic:

Disappointing considering how good USPS use to be. Interesting how bad they have become over the last 20 years.

Worldwide there is that tendency. I use three services in three different countries. USPS being one of them, so far being the most professional. Not that others are bad either. Posts are working fine considering how many people are active nowadays. I have to add that I like them a lot.

However, one of those /postal service providers/ increased prices 3 times in 2021. And probably USPS doing so as well wasn't unexpected.

20 hours ago, 305 swag said:

It’s getting to the point that it’s not worth selling stuff, not to mention PayPal reporting you to the IRS.

Last couple years they did, but it was 200 sales or 20 000USD.

Now anything over 600 get reported.

It will most likely get worse.

IMHO crypto will be the only way out of this.

5 minutes ago, Eagle Driver said:

Last couple years they did, but it was 200 sales or 20 000USD.

Now anything over 600 get reported.

It will most likely get worse.

IMHO crypto will be the only way out of this.

In the end we are going to get screwed over. But let’s hear no evil, speak no evil, and see no evil because you might offend someone.

7 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

They're coming after that too. Once it's regulated, it's safety goes away.

They won't be able to as far as my information goes. Not with the major ones. That what was announced earlier this months is a dust.

Anyhow, how will they trace you when your wallet has no name, no email, nothing?