A little MRP goes a long way!

ivanmoe

OFFICIAL UPDATE!!!

I got a package of IJAAF colors from SB this morning.  No fewer than 7 bottles (although inexplicably, I got 2 bottles of Japanese marking yellow, I will NEVER use that much...).

They were shipped via UPS surepost, in a box with crumpled up butcher paper as padding, all bottles in the same ziplock bag.

Leakage.............................................................0.0%

tvFq9U.jpg 

Anyone need some Japanese Marking Yellow?

PS I did manually check the bottle tops. The bag smelled of lacquer, but none is visible.  One of the yellow bottles rewarded me with about 1/8 turn, the rest were all firmly in place.

Good luck out there, lads. 

3 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Every time I go to mail something at the USPS, I get the same old question. "Anything fragile, liquid or flammable in the shipment?"   How does SB ship these via USPS?

And FWIW, I still have not heard back from SB.

That's just to make sure it doesn't get shipped via air.

True to their word, SB got replacements for my leaky, MRP bottles right out to me.

Knowing that they had buttoned down the proverbial hatch on these, I was surprised to see that one bottle had leaked:

Front-2.jpg

back-2.jpg

As was the case with the earlier batch, the paint in the bag (and on the bottle/cap) was wet lacquer.

This is my second bad bottle of MRP-425, one of the new WW2/Japan colors.

In examining the bottle more carefully, it appears to have lost five to ten percent of the liquid contents.

It's hard not to suspect that MRP has a defect on their hands, one in a recent batch of bottles or caps, or both.

I'll let SB know about this on Monday, as its obviously after business hours.

This is a shame, as it's gonna be $$$ for them to deal with the returns and all.

3 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

True to their word, SB got replacements for my leaky, MRP bottles right out to me.

Knowing that they had buttoned down the proverbial hatch on these, I was surprised to see that one bottle had leaked:

Front-2.jpg

back-2.jpg

As was the case with the earlier batch, the paint in the bag (and on the bottle/cap) was wet lacquer.

This is my second bad bottle of MRP-425, one of the new WW2/Japan colors.

In examining the bottle more carefully, it appears to have lost five to ten percent of the liquid contents.

It's hard not to suspect that MRP has a defect on their hands, one in a recent batch of bottles or caps, or both.

I'll let SB know about this on Monday, as its obviously after business hours.

This is a shame, as it's gonna be $$$ for them to deal with the returns and all.

Thats one of the bottles i got delivered today.  Mine was fine, but twice for you isnt a coincidence.  I agree theres an issue. 

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

New bottle arrived. Leaking.  :mellow:  cap was tight too.  MRP has a problem. A bottle problem. 

MRP definitely needs to take a look at its packaging. As I mentioned near the top of the thread, I'd never received a leaking bottle before six bad ones were delivered to my home. In fact, I was a little surprised to learn that other modelers had bad experiences on occasion. That's good news insofar as it really does suggest that the problem lies with bottles or caps that the manufacturer received recently. Said knowledge should allow MRP to identify and remove defective goods from their inventory.

• 1 month later...

Another update.  Got a shipment just now.  Contains MRP white, gray, and yellow primer, interior green, marking blue and red, and sky. 

Leaks:  0.0%

8wtA7c.jpg

I know there was no stated issue with any of these colors, but these are all the new all plastic bottles and no issues. 

2 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Another update.  Got a shipment just now.  Contains MRP white, gray, and yellow primer, interior green, marking blue and red, and sky. 

Leaks:  0.0%

Where'd you get those Bill ?

Just got mine out of the mailbox.  I got a leaker!   One of my glossy sea blues very slightly leaked out.  It sat in a black mailbox in 97 degree heat from 5 pm until 7:30. Basically an oven.  Wondering if bottle pressurized and blew out enough to lower pressure?  Not enough to ask for a replacement, but I will let them know the little leak strip didn’t work.