****Finished**** 1/32 Great Wall Hobby - P-40 Curtiss Hawk "Flying Tigers"

Tolga ULGUR

• 5 months later...

Looks gorgeous! 

I just learned something new the other day about these Flying Tigers aircraft.

Apparently the "flying tiger" cartoon logo was a printed STICKER and shipped over from Walt Disney Productions! 

A product of their art studio, I guess.  And a STICKER?!

Always loved these planes and this kit is really nicely presented!

• 11 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 5:02 AM, Tolga ULGUR said:

And the nose:

In the beginning everything looks great, fitting was flawless.

But then I heard a melody:
"Knock, knock knocking on Murpy's door"

Murphy was here....Or was it my incompetence?

Although everything went well, the left nose piece did not fit properly. There is a half-mm gap left at the bottom. And this caused a half mm elevation difference in the left connection side. I continued unscathed and placed a thin plastic sheet on the part with the level difference, leveling it up and sending Murphy back to where he belonged. I think I can go on like this.

A71.jpg

A72.jpg

A73.jpg

A74.jpg

A75.jpg

A76.jpg

A77.jpg

A78.jpg

A79.jpg

a80.jpg

A81.jpg

A82.jpg

Enjoying this build,  looks great.  I am concerned that i was misinformed  by a review of this kit. Is there not a full engine to build and a way to display it? My kit is on the way but might return it if there is no engine.  Thank you

1 hour ago, jaguars jesus said:

Enjoying this build,  looks great.  I am concerned that i was misinformed  by a review of this kit. Is there not a full engine to build and a way to display it? My kit is on the way but might return it if there is no engine.  Thank you

Yes

There are two options in the kit

Open and Close status

IMG-4950.jpg

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 6:39 AM, Juggernut said:

I don't like the PE parts either but it seems like you've got these in place very nicely.  I think when I build mine, I'll make replacement covers from plastic sheet.  I have a scribing template for piano hinges so that won't be too much of a chore to replicate.  Nice work by the way, I always enjoy watching your builds, no matter what the subject.

I know Eduard didn’t enhance on the crappy photo-etch in this kit, did any of model vendor produce replacement etch for this kit? In particular I’d like to find a set for the flaps.

10 hours ago, jep1210 said:

I'm caught up, it came out great. Your exhaust pipes look outstanding. It's so hard to get the color(s) just right but you nailed it.

Thanks