Border Models Lancaster is just a day away

Hi all,

No doubt some of you will have seen my review and build of the beautiful Border model 1/35 Stuka here and on You Tube.

Well, they have now kindly sent me a 1/32 Lancaster kit which I am tracking the delivery of hour by hour. It is due to arrive by this Friday, March 18th '22. As soon as it arrives I shall make a quick "It's here" video and then a full unboxing looking at sprues, instructions and decals et al. I will then get stuck into the build straight away.. I have wanted this kit for over 4 years since seeing it at Model world in 2018.. can't believe after all the ups and downs it's finally landing on my doorstep.. strange really, as my doorstep is built on an ex RAF site in Gloucester UK.

I watched some of this video and this model is perfect for a group build, however what I mean is a group buys it and splits the models sub assemblies up among 5 or 10 people and combine it all then weather it into an integrated whole.

Thanks for showing the instructions that is always the part I want to see when looking at new release kits.

1 minute ago, mark williams said:

any idea when its released.....mines pre paid at lucky model but don't have a release date.

The only place I've found a release date is Hobby Easy and they are constantly changing it. Last week it was March and now they're showing April. 

Carl

On 3/23/2022 at 8:50 AM, mark williams said:

any idea when its released.....mines pre paid at lucky model but don't have a release date.

I did costing from Lucky models when the price of the kit was first released, it came out at AU$712 delivered to my door

Today the price from Lucky models is AU$775 delivered

Increase is due to shipping and reduction in % off

I'll continue to dream, sigh

14 hours ago, Robthepom said:

I did costing from Lucky models when the price of the kit was first released, it came out at AU$712 delivered to my door

Today the price from Lucky models is AU$775 delivered

Increase is due to shipping and reduction in % off

I'll continue to dream, sigh

That’s a hell of a lot cheaper than any Aussie retailer (that I know of) I’ve pre-ordered one at just shy of $1200 Aud! I really like to support Aussie hobby shops, but $400 is a fair chunk of change, it’s damn near the price of the HK Grand Slam Lanc.

Well, If Nigel is saying that they are still working on the clear parts its probably safe to say that they haven´t even left the factory yet.. April in Europe is starting to look optimistic.. but hey, its actually coming;)

• 2 weeks later...