Kotare Spitfire mk 1

On 3/20/2022 at 2:29 AM, Tony T said:

If peeps yearn for a non functional plastic engine they can get the latest Zoukei-Mura: the kit's Daimler-Benz engine is made up from over sixty parts. Rather you than me!

---------

I tried to find a Pacific Coast Spitty XIV without success. Might get to see the Kotare one, which will be super. I am anticipating WnW quality: Tamiya fit but with more accurate surface texture.

Tony 

Just made two DB-603's from Z-M's Dornier 335A-12 and I have to say they were quite easy to put together and highly detailed too.  Looking forward to their BF-109 arriving on my doorstep too.  I'm one who likes to have an engine to build in this scale as I'm as interested in the engines that powered WW2 planes as the planes themselves.  Each to their own, and the Kotare Spitfire does look like a beauty, but I'm hoping that the after market will step in to fill that gap.

Cheers,

Michael

On 3/20/2022 at 2:07 PM, MikeMaben said:

Getting an engine in there doesn't look like an easy job.

Oh, I don't know.  Trumpeter managed it with their 1/24 Hurricane.  They just fitted a 1/32 scale engine instead!!  :lol:  Same sort of thing when they fitted a 1/48 Packard Merlin to their 1/23 P/51B.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

A Strikemaster would be right up my alley, but I’m happy enough to see the Spit sell like hotcakes so they can fund whatever they develop next.

I hadn't considered them producing a Strikemaster, but I'd love to see one, including parts to build a Jet Provost T.5.

18 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I hadn't considered them producing a Strikemaster, but I'd love to see one, including parts to build a Jet Provost T.5.

+1.

4 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

A Strikemaster would be right up my alley, but I’m happy enough to see the Spit sell like hotcakes so they can fund whatever they develop next.

Next development will be a Spitfire Mk I (Late), then a Spitfire Mk I (early), followed by a Spitfire Mk V……. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Next development will be a Spitfire Mk I (Late), then a Spitfire Mk I (early), followed by a Spitfire Mk V……. :rolleyes:

And I have no problem at all with that, but I would like them to do the odd version that was used by the RNZAF, including Kiwi mods and decals, after all New Zealand’s contribution’s to wars and war like operations are very under appreciated and ergo rarely presented in model form.

Bloody hell, I need to see the Doc and change my meds, I’m an Aussie and I’m championing a Kiwi cause?? Excuse me while I go and eat a jar of Vegemite as penance.

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword

If Kotare follow the Wingnut Wings system they will seek maximum return from the tooling via separate releases for each version. Then there can be versions with alternate decals etc. Spitfires alone could keep them busy and in profit for years.

My hope is they follow the Spitfire with a Mk 1 Hurricane, a type not yet well represented by the quality model companies in 1/32.

Dave Wilson

Gold Coast

Australia

Just now, Dave Wilson said:

If Kotare follow the Wingnut Wings system they will seek maximum return from the tooling via separate releases for each version. Then there can be versions with alternate decals etc.

That doesn't seem to fit within their stated goals. Making people buy multiple kits to acquire different versions with such minor differences

that they know will be addressed by AM including numerous decal options.

13 minutes ago, adameliclem said:

Showgirl? Yellow feathers in her hair, dress cut down to there? Goes by Lola? Be careful. She’s running a con with Tony. He may have shot someone.

:whistle:

Meh, that was thirty years ago when they used to have a show.