Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

28 minutes ago, Pete Roberts said:

Exactly! Start with the I and go through to the 24, picking up Seafires and PR versions with the occasional diversion to such things as the Mk II LR and AirSea Rescue jobbies. Early and late Merlins, Griffons, high-back, low back, clipped wings ….. I think I need a cold shower :blink:

Respectfully...    you guys are mental.   lol   Even I need a break from 109's once in a while.

9 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Newoooooo Beaufighter or Emils. Please.  I want Griffon Spitfires. The later the mark the better. These designers have Spitfires loaded in their brains. Just keep on a going with that.  

From Richard Alexander's answers on their webcast showing he knew, off-by-heart what changes would be needed to put a Vb/Vc out there and that he said he be disingenuous if he said their next release would be anything other than another Spitfire, don't be surprised if their next major release might be a Vb/Vc. I am surmising that they may put out early and late Mk1s in alternate boxes and markings in between the Mid 1a and any truly new Spitfire type though. I have no inside track on any of this but from his previous record at WNW Richard appears to be very careful what he lets out of the bag. 

I doubt any manufacturer would do all marks but I will happily take Mk1, Vb/Vc, MVIII, MkIX, PR19 and Mk22/24. As Tamiya have the MkVIII/IX covered well it does appear that the Vb/Vc and the Mk22/24 could be the more obvious choices. Who knows? Fun speculating! 

Best regards,

Paul

14 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

From Richard Alexander's answers on their webcast showing he knew, off-by-heart what changes would be needed to put a Vb/Vc out there and that he said he be disingenuous if he said their next release would be anything other than another Spitfire, don't be surprised if their next major release might be a Vb/Vc. I am surmising that they may put out early and late Mk1s in alternate boxes and markings in between the Mid 1a and any truly new Spitfire type though. I have no inside track on any of this but from his previous record at WNW Richard appears to be very careful what he lets out of the bag. 

I doubt any manufacturer would do all marks but I will happily take Mk1, Vb/Vc, MVIII, MkIX, PR19 and Mk22/24. As Tamiya have the MkVIII/IX covered well it does appear that the Vb/Vc and the Mk22/24 could be the more obvious choices. Who knows? Fun speculating! 

Best regards,

Paul

The Tamiya Spitfires are very good, but a bit vanilla when it comes to surface detail. The Kotare guys are doing internal AND external (with rivets and fasteners). My favourite Mk I Spitfire as far as surface detail goes is still the old 1/32 Revell Spitfire Mk I - just amazing, especially for its age! Looks like Kotare will pick up this level of surface detail AND give us accuracy with the rest of the model. I’d love to see what they would do with a Mk VIII/IX/XVI.

Edited by Pete Roberts

10 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Start with the I and go through to the 24, picking up Seafires and PR versions with the occasional diversion to such things as the Mk II LR and AirSea Rescue jobbies. Early and late Merlins, Griffons, high-back, low back, clipped wings …..

And the "Speed Spitfire" please https://www.classicwarbirds.co.uk/articles/the-story-of-the-high-speed-spitfire.php

:piliot:

38 minutes ago, Bill M. said:

As to releases beyond the Mk. I, I would be happy with any Mark of Spitfire. But I would be absolutely thrilled with a Mk. 22/24! That would give us the first and the last of the Spitfire breed!

Bill M.

Agreed Bill; A new, accurate Mk22/24 would be most welcome indeed but don't hold your breath! l I have long sought the 80 Squadron code (W2 - ?) for VN496 which was the last Spitfire Mk 24 airframe to do a build of that.

Kind regards,

Paul

There is room for a lot of stuff, but I am not sure there is enough demand for post war spitfires, I hope they stick first with major WWII subjects.  For me after WWII prop planes mostly don:t matter anymore.  Post WWII a really nice F-86 would be of interest to me.  If Kotare did a 109E, I would be all over it.  I owned the dragon kit and sold it not long ago.  Just over complicated, I built the Eduard kit a long time ago and was not happy enough with it that I felt like talking that again.  I will be happy to get my Kotare MKI after that I am open minded and looking foreword to what they come up with.  As far as I am concerned if they bring out interesting subjects whether 109 -, P-51B, Hellcat, Wildcat and others I will be a happy modeler.  I am very much into the major players of WWII though.  I do not know if I have it in me to do more than one Kotare Spitfire though, that is just because I have built a fair number of Spitfires over the last 10 years having built three Tamiya Mk IX and their new 1/48 Mk I.  I just finished a Tamiya P-51 and am kind if in a never again mood after having build three of those.  That is a fault in my character though.  

11 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

The Tamiya Spitfires are very good, but a bit vanilla when it comes to surface detail. The Kotare guys are doing internal AND external (with rivets and fasteners). My favourite Mk I Spitfire as far as surface detail goes is still the old 1/32 Revell Spitfire Mk I - just amazing, especially for its age! Looks like Kotare will pick up this level of surface detail AND give us accuracy with the rest of the model. I’d love to see what they would do with a Mk VIII/IX/XVI.

I chased down an old Revell Spit for that very reason; it's still one of the nicest, as far as exterior detailing, that I know of. A very cool old kit.

3 hours ago, CharmyDown said:

Oi - Make that eight!

:fight:

25 minutes ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

Make that 9

I'm going to be the first (as far as I know) to suggest that Kotare's next release should be an A-4K, I think it would sell rather well!

Sorry...   both of you guys are in the original seven I mentioned.