Kotare Spitfire mk 1

27 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

24 minutes ago, quang said:

You won’t believe me if I tell you that there are people in this world who don’t know who Elvis is. :yahoo:
EDGAR

OK...   a memory synapse just fired...   Maybe there was a Edgar Brooks Memorial Spitfire group build happening about the time I started looking at this forum as a place to habituate?

Edited by Gazzas

Good to see images of the actual kit. 

They aren't quite high enough resolution to see clearly but if there are any surface undulations to represent "oil canning" they are subtle.

Hopefully higher resolution images will appear soon. ~fingers crossed emogee~

It certainly looks encouraging on my monitor so far.

8 hours ago, quang said:

You won’t believe me if I tell you that there are people in this world who don’t know who Elvis is. :yahoo:
EDGAR

Took Mrs Palm-tree to see a movie in the cinema called "Edgar"- er "Elvis" a couple of weeks ago.

it was really good and we were all shook up.

:D

The Kotare kit looks lovely, cannot wait to see the built up incarnations when they put them on their website.

15 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Please forgive my ignorance.  Who is Edgar?

I only know of one:

800px-Edgar_Allan_Poe,_circa_1849,_resto

Quoth the Raven, "Never mind the thread drift".

Poe wrote some awesome stories. I had a big ol' hardbound volume of some of his works, but apparently lost it some years back.

Pre-ordered without hesitation. For me, this is my favorite variant of Spitfire. It's the one that cut the teeth for the entire breed, in what would be a long, long line of successful variants. For that alone, I want one on my shelf. And coming from several of the former WnW's guys, I have absolutely no doubt that the quality will be top-notch.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA