Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

14 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

The comments in the instructions about the Port wingtip lights are interesting. Look at the decal diagrams to see what I'm talking about.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

4 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Be sure to drink some port first!

Cheers,  Tom

3 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Nice way to remember which is which.

And quite a classic too, I remember learning that before I was old enough to drink port. I've never found a better way to remember it.

I now wear a pair of hearing aids which are colour-coded for each ear, and confusingly the right one is coded red (and the left one blue) on the basis that it's "Red for Right".  When I said that was confusing, the audiologist didn't understand.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, John Stambaugh said:

Yippie, another outstanding kit release! 

Recently I had come to think that the LSP revival was coming to a close. So nice to be wrong.

So let's see; we have so far this year all new molds:

ICM Yak 9

Zoukei mura 109 G14. 

Revell's G2.

Soon to rereleased:

Revell Hurricane mk 2B

Italeri Macchi 202

Kotare Spitfire mk 1

Who am I forgetting? Oh yes, the biggest of them all:

The Airfix Spitfire mk IXc. 

Politics aside, 2022 has been a great year. May we all buy at least one of each.

…and, in 1/32 we can get a Short Scylla, soon we can get a Lockheed SR71, we can have a range of Albatros fighters from BII- DVa (and we can have a 3D printed skeleton version if we want of the DV), there are not one but TWO 1/32 Lancasters out there and we can have the B17 in E/F &G guises, there are gliders galore and now we are about to have both a modern Mk1 Spitfire and a Hurricane MkIIB, if you have a mind there is a Me321 Gigant about to become available, there are a range of 1930’s de Havilland civil aircraft and the Bf109 is available in more guises and price points than we can count. In 1/24 we have most of the principal WWII fighters available to us and now a range of WWI’s most prominent machines (including TWO manufacturer’s takes on the Fokker Dr.I).   There are more kits available to us at higher quality than we have ever had in our adult lives (or can probably ever build for that matter). I, for one, believe this is the golden age of Large Scale Planes. I totally agree with @John Stambaugh that 2022 has been a great year for the range and quality of LSP’s available to us!

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

On 11/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, John Stambaugh said:

Yippie, another outstanding kit release! 

Recently I had come to think that the LSP revival was coming to a close. So nice to be wrong.

So let's see; we have so far this year all new molds:

ICM Yak 9

Zoukei mura 109 G14. 

Revell's G2.

Soon to rereleased:

Revell Hurricane mk 2B

Italeri Macchi 202

Kotare Spitfire mk 1

Who am I forgetting? Oh yes, the biggest of them all:

The Airfix Spitfire mk IXc. 

Politics aside, 2022 has been a great year. May we all buy at least one of each.

You forgot the Great Wall Hawk 81.  Also they are releasing a Pearl Harbor P-40B, awesome kit I am building the Hawk 81 now and it is really well done.

• 2 weeks later...