Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

4 minutes ago, npb748r said:

well - it's all relative and depends on your perspective. A couple of floor to ceiling bookcases is massive to me, but I've done this before and misled on size :thumbsup:

At this point I have no idea at all of how many books I have, and I seriously doubt I'll ever take the time to actually count them.

Just now, LSP_K2 said:

At this point I have no idea at all of how many books I have, and I seriously doubt I'll ever take the time to actually count them.

with books, much more so than models, no number is too many. There's something especially special about an old book, regardless of subject. Keep collecting and let the kids sort it out once you are gone - that's my philosophy ! 

13 minutes ago, npb748r said:

with books, much more so than models, no number is too many. There's something especially special about an old book, regardless of subject. Keep collecting and let the kids sort it out once you are gone - that's my philosophy ! 

I have no kids, so my roommate will get them all.

Just now, Archimedes said:

You had to say it! Yessssssss! 

But as Tony pointed out above; I think we agree it will be some time before Kotare venture into twins (if ever?). One can but dream though eh Max?

Kind regards,

Paul

Part of me wants an IM Anson, but the other part knows that if one appears my vac form one will never get finished! 

9 hours ago, Tony T said:

Strange thing nostalgia — and the power of Airfix boxart. I can't for the life of me recall the contemporaneous Frog box tops ...

What, not even the one with the V-1 being tipped over by the Spitfire XIV?

Which I think rather neatly brings us back on topic, as I for one would love to see a Griffon Spit in the eventual Kotare line-up.

23 hours ago, nmayhew said:

boring perhaps, but extremely lucrative

And with the prospect of being labelled a 'one trick pony' company until they released something else

Kevin. My response was aimed at if Kontare just focused totally on Spitfires at first as was suggested by doing all the Mk's. I would find that VERY boring VERY quickly. And until they did a different subject, they would be a 'one trick pony'. But each to their own.

1 hour ago, AlanG said:

Kevin. My response was aimed at if Kontare just focused totally on Spitfires at first as was suggested by doing all the Mk's. I would find that VERY boring VERY quickly. And until they did a different subject, they would be a 'one trick pony'. But each to their own.

Not sure I’d label Spitfires as ‘one trick’. Plenty of variety across the range, engines, equipment, camouflage, armament, etc

But as you say, each to their own….