Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

1 minute ago, cbk57 said:

I was just checking on this yesterday and looked at their website for a progress update.  Was just hoping to see something new, some plastic or something but not there yet.  

Kotare posts updates on their FB page. Spitfire still slated for later this year, global issues notwithstanding. We’ll just have to wait patiently, I guess. 

Adam

14 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

Quietly, patiently waiting for more news here in NZ too.

Also, remember when some folk were agitated by the company's use of the word "kitset"? Guess what word Wingnut Wings kits have on their boxes? :D

Quite like the noun "kitset" even though no paint or glue is included with the "model kit". 

Kit, used alone, makes me think of a baby ferret. 

Tony 

On 6/26/2022 at 1:29 PM, Tony T said:

Quite like the noun "kitset" even though no paint or glue is included with the "model kit". 

Kit, used alone, makes me think of a baby ferret. 

Tony 

Reminds me of that well known English kit manufacturer from the seventies 'no paint required' :)

• 2 months later...

Yesterday they had a preorder price up of $109.00, that is gone now.  The instructions are great.  i think I will be ordering one of these.  This kit looks like a advertisement I have seen with the tag line "everything you need and nothing you don't".

Yep, I'm afraid I'm going to need one of these as well.  610 squadron markings are a bonus (and the one I will choose to model).  And just for grins, I

acquired a Revell 1/32 He111P-1 at the local contest last Saturday for $30; that's right, $30, with only a few parts removed from sprues and some squadron green putty dabbed on the ejector pin marks limited to the two fuselage halves.

This will be a great BoB addition not unlike Rick's comment that it will bring back oh so many fond memories of my childhood builds of 610 squadron's DWOK (and I built several of them back then)... The Revell 109F and G just pounded the spits in the bathtub and throughout the house back then; many, many emergency carpet landings (several resulting in broken landing gear struts).

Only one downside...My stash allocation space is becoming drastically limited.  I think I need to be more productive in building.

Edited by Juggernut