Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

1 hour ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

A Strikemaster would be right up my alley, but I’m happy enough to see the Spit sell like hotcakes so they can fund whatever they develop next.

I hadn't considered them producing a Strikemaster, but I'd love to see one, including parts to build a Jet Provost T.5.

4 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

A Strikemaster would be right up my alley, but I’m happy enough to see the Spit sell like hotcakes so they can fund whatever they develop next.

Next development will be a Spitfire Mk I (Late), then a Spitfire Mk I (early), followed by a Spitfire Mk V……. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Next development will be a Spitfire Mk I (Late), then a Spitfire Mk I (early), followed by a Spitfire Mk V……. :rolleyes:

And I have no problem at all with that, but I would like them to do the odd version that was used by the RNZAF, including Kiwi mods and decals, after all New Zealand’s contribution’s to wars and war like operations are very under appreciated and ergo rarely presented in model form.

Bloody hell, I need to see the Doc and change my meds, I’m an Aussie and I’m championing a Kiwi cause?? Excuse me while I go and eat a jar of Vegemite as penance.

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword

If Kotare follow the Wingnut Wings system they will seek maximum return from the tooling via separate releases for each version. Then there can be versions with alternate decals etc. Spitfires alone could keep them busy and in profit for years.

My hope is they follow the Spitfire with a Mk 1 Hurricane, a type not yet well represented by the quality model companies in 1/32.

Dave Wilson

Gold Coast

Australia

Just now, Dave Wilson said:

If Kotare follow the Wingnut Wings system they will seek maximum return from the tooling via separate releases for each version. Then there can be versions with alternate decals etc.

That doesn't seem to fit within their stated goals. Making people buy multiple kits to acquire different versions with such minor differences

that they know will be addressed by AM including numerous decal options.