Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

19 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

true,

but as old Gaffer used to say, delays leed to never starting your journey

This journey will have to be delayed, after I preordered this kit, Andy announced the 1/16 Tiger and I promised my son that we would build it as soon as it lands.  So that now goes front of the line no matter what.

Just placed my order for the Fundekals sheet. Time to download the instructions and see what serials tie in with what Kotare determine to be ‘early, mid & late’ to see what can be used or if I have to wait for one of the other releases to use them. Either way I want a Black/White and Aluminium undersurface scheme in the cabinet at some point.

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Just placed my order for the Fundekals sheet. Time to download the instructions and see what serials tie in with what Kotare determine to be ‘early, mid & late’ to see what can be used or if I have to wait for one of the other releases to use them. Either way I want a Black/White and Aluminium undersurface scheme in the cabinet at some point.

Look at Douglas Bader, ZD D, I think you might get your combo out of the current release.  My quick look says the attributes of that plane are contained in the 1st boxing with the marking combo you want to do.

Some of the markings options look like they are for the early variant which is coming, I am mainly looking at the radio Antena mast as a quick guide to what time period the markings fit in.  However once we get the early Mk I, I think we will have everything on this sheet covered.  The Douglas Bader plane though has the aluminum under sides with night and white wings though and the later Antena mast so that one looks like it fits with the first release.

Edited by cbk57

• 1 month later...

Statement from Hannants:

"We are delighted to have been appointed as a distributor for the superb, new Kotare K32001 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia. With 10% Backorder discount and POST FREE in the UK! The kits are packed and expected to ship soon. We do not have an arrival date yet. The production run has sold out but we will be receiving our full order."

On 1/16/2023 at 10:35 PM, ade rowlands said:

Kotare give details of the serial no split on their website - early, mid and late

On 1/13/2023 at 12:39 PM, cbk57 said:

For those that ordered direct from Kotare, they sent an email that said they should be shipping February/March time frame.  I ordered direct personally but I personally would not be that worried if it took another year.  However I suspect we will have our kits by Summer.  Since they added parts for the first round of delay, if they delay and add parts every three months, I should get the kit and need no aftermarket.:D

Even better, if they keep delaying and adding parts maybe we will end up with enough parts for two Spitfires!

Edited by ScoobyDoo