Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

New company launching an expensive kit (of a well covered subject) into a western economic melt down ....I would not expect them to sell thousands next year, just because of the belt tightening going on globally .

A shame , but maybe coincidental that WnW couldn't turn a sustainable profit either ? Not wishing Kotare to fail , but struggling to see how they might succeed, sat here today in what must be tough times ahead for any hobby market in 2023 , especially as they missed the 2022 Xmas sales. 

Edited by Panzerwomble

5 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

https://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=41260&scale=1/24&erl=Testors-1-24-Bugatti-Royal-Coupe-Napoleon-835

Plastic Model Kit,   Box Condition: Sealed Exc $59.00

Not  Italeri and not 1:12 scale   BUT 1:24 Scale .

:wicked:

This is the 1/12 Bugatti I’ve ordered:  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-4710-bugatti-type-35b--1446116

My problem with some of these new kits is that having been seriously modelling for the last 35 years I already have 8 Spitfires, including a Mk 1 & 2, as well as 5 Bf109G's and a couple of P-40C's that have been built over the last 10 years or so. All of the models have some form of after market which lifts the standard a bit. What I'm trying to say is that these new kits (GWM, Z-M & Kotare) are all in the AUD$150+ range of subjects that I already have in the cabinet and I find it hard to get enthused even though they are state of the art kits. Having said all that I do hope that Kotare do have success and I will be up for a Mk Vc if and when they come out with one but I will pass on the Mk 1. Have passed on the GWM P-40C as well as the Z-M Bf109G and likely remain so unless somebody has a big discount sale. Just the ramblings of an old Aussie pensioner.

TRF

6 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I'm with Terry. I have 5-6 Hase 109s. They get no love now that ZM released theirs, it seems. Same with my olde Spittys....

No matter which car you drive, what you’ll remember best is the ride. And I’m having such a fantastic ride with the ZM 109. :)

9 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I'm with Terry. I have 5-6 Hase 109s. They get no love now that ZM released theirs, it seems. Same with my olde Spittys....

I was disappointed with Hasegawa 1/32 kits, I purchased a 109F and a 190D-9.  They are more like large 1/48 kits and really Eduard has moved past the min terms of detail internal and external in 1/48.  The new ZM kit looks really nice but I often find myself tempted by ZM kits although I have not bought or built one yet.  It will happen just has not yet.  I really like ZM as it is easier for me to delete stuff I don't want than to make stuff that is not there.  Also if it is not there and I want it, I often end up buying after market and ZM eliminates some of that.  

If I ever find myself in a slump when I can't face starting anything complex, a Hasagawa 1/32 109 is my go to route out of these dry spells - easy quick builds a multitude of options as regards replacement parts and markings - there's a lot to be said for older simpler kits.

Which brings me back to the Kotare Spit , looking at the instruction guide it looks at tho the most complex are is the Cockpit - no engine, no gun bays - my kind of model 

I've had a Tamiya F4u-1D waiting in the stash for years but the sheer effort it takes to complete a Tamiya Corsair just puts me off ditto the Spit XVI sitting next to it 

Edited by Scotsman

I suffer from a form of modeling ADHD so as such no one scale or subject forever fascinates me and I bounce from one area to another.  While I stick more with LSP than anything else if I have had enough of LSP I don:t reach for a simpler LSP, I reach for a tank, an a Car or whatever else turns my fancy at the moment.  I have no problem bouncing from 1/32 to 1/48 aircraft, of late I have even contemplated 1/72 but have not moved off contemplation so far.  So I am not enthralled with simplified 1/32 planes as I could build an eduard kit that I like better of the 109.  I much prefer the Eduard 1/48 kits to the Hasegawa 1/32 of the same subject especially 109G and onward.  I have two Wingsy 109Es on the shelf I would not go the Eduard 109E route personally.   As much of a Tamiya enthusiast as I am have never built the 1/48 Tamiya 109G and I owe myself one of those.  I have felt better dialed into my .2 mm airbrush setup of late so maybe I am ready for 1/48 mottling again.  Right now though I have big projects on the bench, 1/32 Tamiya f-4 and soon a 1/16 Tiger as my son wants the new AndyHHQ kit and that will have to go front of the line when it lands.

Edited by cbk57

As noted above Kotare pulled their instruction sheet briefly, they have now added quite a few pages especially covering the cockpit area.  From what I am seeing this cockpit will offer more finesse in detail than the 1/24 Airfix Mk IX.  This indeed is looking really good.  They also added stencil pages and of interesting note they are showing stencils that were aparently located on the under side of the exhaust pipes.  These guys are thorough.