Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

Is it really likely/feasible that this new company, “fledged” from Wingnut Wings with all the superlatives that we know apply to that company, are going to produce a kit which is anything less than as perfect as it’s possible to be for their first offering?  

It took me months and a huge amount of documentation to find the correct features for my Spit Mk.I and the Kotare kit ones I saw are identical. They incorporated features never seen on other early Spit kits. So, with regard to accuracy I can testify they did the job more than correctly. I'm also convinced the assembly will be perfect and the finish of the parts without a single default. Keep in mind these guys did the WnW test shot quality control for ten years! So, they know this job. I'm convinced this kit will be a terrific one. The only thing that is worrying me a little bit is the price of a model produced on the other side of the globe but I guess high prices are a sign of the times and we will probably have to live with that.

22 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

It took me months and a huge amount of documentation to find the correct features for my Spit Mk.I and the Kotare kit features I saw are identical. They incorporated features never seen on other early Spit kits. So, with regard to accuracy I can testify they did the job more than correctly. I'm also convinced the assembly will be perfect and the finish of the parts without a single default. Keep in mind these guys did the WnW test shot quality control for ten years! So, they know this job. I'm convinced this kit will be a terrific one. The only thing that is worrying me a little bit is the price of a model produced on the other side of the globe but I guess high prices are a sign of the times and we will probably have to live with that.

I can:t believe people are even debating this and trying to put down the likely quality of Kotare before the 1st kit hits the market.  Maybe none of it will fit together and the whole thing when you put it together will be upside down and filled with filler but I strongly doubt that.  It is a little early to judge and normally I would say that it is too early either way but we know the track record of the crew on this project and my expectations are that this will set the bar for the Early Spitfire.  I will still give Tamiya the win for the Mk IX even if Kotare does one assuming Kotare does not do an engine but Kotare is going to be superior in most regards to Tamiya when this kit drops.

58 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I can:t believe people are even debating this and trying to put down the likely quality of Kotare before the 1st kit hits the market.  Maybe none of it will fit together and the whole thing when you put it together will be upside down and filled with filler but I strongly doubt that.  It is a little early to judge and normally I would say that it is too early either way but we know the track record of the crew on this project and my expectations are that this will set the bar for the Early Spitfire.  I will still give Tamiya the win for the Mk IX even if Kotare does one assuming Kotare does not do an engine but Kotare is going to be superior in most regards to Tamiya when this kit drops.

I agree

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

I think there are only 2 of us who have raise a question on the kit seen in in the pictures and in the flesh at the weekend which has now been explained is a mock up and not the real kit. The comments relate to this mock up and are a reality, the fit is awful on the rear fuselage, even the designer said it's not right. It was just an observation of what was posted. 

Here's a link to a preliminary copy of the Kotare Spitfire instructions. They're exactly what I was hoping for considering the makeup of the development team.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10934948

Edited by rjones726

46 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

Thanks for the link @rjones726

The detail in the cockpit area is immense. :yahoo:

If anyone has seen a WNW instruction pamphlet it's easy to spot the heritage of this model kitset from the similar style of the instructions. 

Very comprehensive. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Can't  wait for my Hannants pre-order to arrive, this looks like a "clear-the-bench" kit.

Yippie, another outstanding kit release! 

Recently I had come to think that the LSP revival was coming to a close. So nice to be wrong.

So let's see; we have so far this year all new molds:

ICM Yak 9

Zoukei mura 109 G14. 

Revell's G2.

Soon to rereleased:

Revell Hurricane mk 2B

Italeri Macchi 202

Kotare Spitfire mk 1

Who am I forgetting? Oh yes, the biggest of them all:

The Airfix Spitfire mk IXc. 

Politics aside, 2022 has been a great year. May we all buy at least one of each.

2 hours ago, rjones726 said:

Here's a link to a preliminary copy of the Kotare Spitfire instructions. They're exactly what I was hoping for considering the makeup of the development team.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10934948

thanks for posting. I really like the fact that the instructions include details of what the items are, that makes it much more interesting for me.