Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I was generalizing and goofing around. This question is already on the table despite the kit still being in a development state. Nevertheless,  we all know the answer.  WNW guys are going to kill it, modern Spitfire kit I've been waiting for decades. 

"WNW guys are going to kill it"   I would imagine they would, but it could be years in the making, have you heard anything about a time frame Martin,

Very curious.  

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

you could spend $75 on aftermarket on the Revell kit and it still won't even be close to this.

I've built the Revell kit and in a world where there are no other new tool Spit Mk Is or IIs, it's still only just about 'ok'.

But that's subjective and I have to disagree politely with you on this when looked at from my viewpoint. It depends on what you want and expect from a kit I guess.  For me, the revell kit is perfect and needs zero aftermarket. The build is enjoyable, the end result is as accurate a spitfire as I desire and it's cheap enough that I can buy something else to build as well.  There's plenty of room for both kits and thankfully enough of buyers out there with varying views and requirements that manufacturers can meet them in various ways.

14 minutes ago, williamj said:

"WNW guys are going to kill it"   I would imagine they would, but it could be years in the making, have you heard anything about a time frame Martin,

Very curious.  

I should have said ex-WNW guys. Nope :)

3 hours ago, williamj said:

Very curious.  

For the release of the Spitfire? Some time before the end of this year.

Kev

58 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'm wondering if we'll see the same drops that WnW's did, late November or so, so that it can be under our Christmas trees. Either way, yes, they initially said late 2022, and I firmly believe that will happen.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

With the incredible research and effort these guys have put in, this has the makings of being the most accurate large scale Spitfire kit to date. With that in mind, the price is a steal IMHO. My one concern is cleaning up the seam in the lower rear fuselage, and removing raised rivets in doing so. Hopefully some of the current resin rivet decals will compensate.

I hope to get some decals done for some Aussie pilots, and hopefully our Kiwi cousins do some Kiwi pilots (Ventura?). So many subjects!

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

From the first paragraph of the posted link:

15 September (Battle of Britain Day) 2022: K32001 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) will be available to pre-order again next week once we update the shipping rate calculator. Pre-orders placed through www.kotare-models.com will be shipped in late November-December 2022 (subject to worldwide trade difficulties).

D

7 hours ago, RadBaron said:

I really want to pre-order one of these and show Kōtare some support, but I'd much prefer an early Mk I, flat canopy and that monster 2-blade prop, which I hope will be a down-stream release.

First world problems! :D

the market for that version has to be tiny

just my 2pence worth, but if I’m Kotare I’m not touching that

next variant is a Vb, and then the grail… the Vc ;)