Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

Instructions look really good, I'm not familiar with WNW kits, assume from the comments that these are similar.  For me I think I'll wait and see what some of the online builds are like. I really like building the Revell spitfire kits and I'm not sure that this new kit offers me anything more than I can get from a Revell kit (based purely on the instructions so I'm thinking this with caution). I guess like other people I have to juggle my buying decision based on how many more early Mark Spits I need to build and what other kits I want that I could spend the money on. Trouble with only building 1/32 scale, even small aircraft take up room and space is now a premium. Plus I have a load of kits in my stash that I want to build.  My only nagging feeling is that I want this company to produce more previously unreleased 1/32 kits and the only way they will do that is if they sell this one so I might buy for that reason alone, providing the price isn't to high.  At the price point mentioned above that's a months pocket money for me gone in a single kit. 

At last an early 1/32 Spit with a correct interior and the first one to give the battery. I should really try to end the painting of my 1969 kit before seeing LSP buried under tons of Spit Mk.I ! :) 

I think I I'll not hesitate a microsecond before getting one! For whatever reason my favorite marks are the Mk.I and FR 47.

8 hours ago, npb748r said:

Instructions look really good, I'm not familiar with WNW kits, assume from the comments that these are similar.  For me I think I'll wait and see what some of the online builds are like. I really like building the Revell spitfire kits and I'm not sure that this new kit offers me anything more than I can get from a Revell kit (based purely on the instructions so I'm thinking this with caution). I guess like other people I have to juggle my buying decision based on how many more early Mark Spits I need to build and what other kits I want that I could spend the money on. Trouble with only building 1/32 scale, even small aircraft take up room and space is now a premium. Plus I have a load of kits in my stash that I want to build.  My only nagging feeling is that I want this company to produce more previously unreleased 1/32 kits and the only way they will do that is if they sell this one so I might buy for that reason alone, providing the price isn't to high.  At the price point mentioned above that's a months pocket money for me gone in a single kit. 

Life and our hobby economy are indeed complicated.  One has to choose wisely.  Kits from this scale cannot be displayed wing tip to wing tip.  I have 4 Ju-88 kits so I know LOL.