Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

The Kotare website is worth a visit if you haven't already done so. They explain how they define 'early', 'mid' and 'late' production Spitfire Mk I's. 

LOVE IT! Looks like we are in for a feast of Mk I Spitfires! Happy, happy, happy.... :) 

Edited by Pete Roberts

11 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

Someone will make one for it, my bet is Eduard.

I agree, and I'm in favour of no engine; but wasn't the pro-engine/con-engine debate had at length in a previous thread?

Edited by MikeC

20 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

The Kotare website is worth a visit if you haven't already done so. They explain how they define 'early', 'mid' and 'late' production Spitfire Mk I's. 

LOVE IT! Looks like we are in for a feast of Mk I Spitfires! Happy, happy, happy.... :) 

Where did you find the early mid and late explanation?  I looked but didn't see it.

9 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Where did you find the early mid and late explanation?  I looked but didn't see it.

On their homepage, click on the pic of the box and it takes you to this. https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-mid

Para 3 onwards.

I read somewhere that Kotare consider the XIV one of the pivotal marks. Hope I get to see it. The Griffon marks are my favourites. 

The others Kotare considered key evolutionary steps were the Mks I, V, IX and another I can't recall. I'm definitely in for a I, IX and XIV, and maybe a pink recce and Seafire too. Eagerly awaiting Revell's new tool Hurricane as well. 

Really nice to see this happening. Turning propellers please. 

Tony 

30 minutes ago, Tony T said:

The others Kotare considered key evolutionary steps were the Mks I, V, IX and another I can't recall.

copied from their website......

Basically the most notable variants were the 1030hp Mk.Ia, 1470hp Mk.Vb, 1720hp Mk.IXc, 2035hp Mk.XIVe, the unarmed photo-reconnaissance Mk.XI and the navalised Seafire Mk.III

12 hours ago, Tony T said:

I read somewhere that Kotare consider the XIV one of the pivotal marks. Hope I get to see it. The Griffon marks are my favourites. 

The others Kotare considered key evolutionary steps were the Mks I, V, IX and another I can't recall. I'm definitely in for a I, IX and XIV, and maybe a pink recce and Seafire too. Eagerly awaiting Revell's new tool Hurricane as well. 

Really nice to see this happening. Turning propellers please. 

Tony 

11 hours ago, npb748r said:

Basically the most notable variants were the 1030hp Mk.Ia, 1470hp Mk.Vb, 1720hp Mk.IXc, 2035hp Mk.XIVe, the unarmed photo-reconnaissance Mk.XI and the navalised Seafire Mk.III

So with that in mind, we should (hopefully) have some sort of a programme for kit variations moving forward! ...

There has been a high demand for ACCURATE early Mk's for yonks now ...

I'd love to see a WELL DONE Mk.Ib and Mk.Vb ... WNW fans have been ranting about how good their kits were for years - so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do! If what they manufacture comes remotely close to Tamiya like accuracy, detail and build quality, I'll be very happy indeed ...

Rog :)

17 hours ago, npb748r said:

I'm totally on board for a Kotare Mk.Vb and (low-back) Mk.XIV.