Ghost Of Kyiv in 32nd

Eagle Driver

Due to the high demand we are releasing Digital Camouflage for MiG-29 9-13 in 32nd scale. 

The set is upscaled from 48th and was never meant to happen. However, we are responding to the requests of overwhelming amount of modelers that reached us asking for it:

Ghost Of Kyiv MiG-29

The set as well as the corresponding apparel is dedicated to all the Ukrainian pilots who lost their lives in the invasion that started in 2022.

Our best wishes to all Ukrainians and their families!

Pre-order starts today, shipping starts on 25th this month. 

It might even start earlier, but just in case...

Edited by Eagle Driver

2 hours ago, Maxim61 said:

Thanks for up scaling them. I will definitely be purchasing and appreciate the dedication and wishes. I have family in Sumy, Ukraine.

I have couple friends there. 

Also my father graduated from one of their air force schools, so yeah. We know people from there.

Not to mention my ties with their modeling companies.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for mine to arrive - I have a MiG-29 on the bench that I had painted using the Foxbot set.. but I messed it up badly with the last and final color of the digital camo :(.. So now I have to start over. Hope the DN Models set will arrive soon so I can finish this build.. 

/Niels

1 hour ago, Zola25 said:

Still waiting for mine to arrive - I have a MiG-29 on the bench that I had painted using the Foxbot set.. but I messed it up badly with the last and final color of the digital camo :(.. So now I have to start over. Hope the DN Models set will arrive soon so I can finish this build.. 

/Niels

Don't want to say bad words about Foxbot, especially nowadays with the current situation, but one must make their due diligence researching. Some of their camo schemes have errors. We keep getting "we gonna buy Foxbot because they are cheaper". Yep. There is a reason for that.

9 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Don't want to say bad words about Foxbot, especially nowadays with the current situation, but one must make their due diligence researching. Some of their camo schemes have errors. We keep getting "we gonna buy Foxbot because they are cheaper". Yep. There is a reason for that.

Actually their MiG-29 masking set is very accurate and fit the Trumpeter kit very precisely. Its always an issue that their masks are much thicker than yours and are less flexible as a result - but they were, until now, the only game in town for this aircraft ^_^ - 

..So, when are you going to do the 1/32 scale digital flankers? :rolleyes: - and maybe some masking sheets with various bordnumbers / ID Numbers etc. in different sizes. That would be really cool for Both Eastern and Western Aircraft.'

- oh, and that F/A-18 VFA-113 Superbee I wrote you about a couple of years ago :D

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

My mask set arrived 2 days ago. WOW that's much quicker than i was expecting.

I'm very interested in some instructions as to how to use these masks however. The foxbot masks are done so you remove the centre section and attach the outer piece to the model, spray and remove. DN masks seem to be the other way round in so much as you spray the colour for that part, then place the mask over this shade and spray the background, unless I'm reading it wrong?

I have the Trumpeter kit and a few extras so ready to build once i can get my head around the masking. 

Help!

In principle you can use it either way. The Foxbot set is meant to be used to cover the colors you paint as each section is made of several digital "patches" (It will not be enough to just use the negative outline mask). I find it much easier to use it in this way as well and I will also be using the DN set that way. You just have to let the different colors dry well before applying the mask or you will risk peeling off the paint when you unmask. A good primer layer I find to be essential..

/Niels

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Actually their MiG-29 masking set is very accurate and fit the Trumpeter kit very precisely. Its always an issue that their masks are much thicker than yours and are less flexible as a result - but they were, until now, the only game in town for this aircraft ^_^ - 

..So, when are you going to do the 1/32 scale digital flankers? :rolleyes: - and maybe some masking sheets with various bordnumbers / ID Numbers etc. in different sizes. That would be really cool for Both Eastern and Western Aircraft.'

- oh, and that F/A-18 VFA-113 Superbee I wrote you about a couple of years ago :D

/Niels

Flanker in 48th is in the works as we speak. We are working on it for the last week. I planned this in early January, but life happened.

Your Superbee would've been Super set, however, still not enough information on that. It is unfortunate. 

As for Foxbot, they might fit, but for some applications, the camo patterns were wrong. Which we consider the most important thing, since we have no idea which model the modelers will use eventually.

2 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

My mask set arrived 2 days ago. WOW that's much quicker than i was expecting.

I'm very interested in some instructions as to how to use these masks however. The foxbot masks are done so you remove the centre section and attach the outer piece to the model, spray and remove. DN masks seem to be the other way round in so much as you spray the colour for that part, then place the mask over this shade and spray the background, unless I'm reading it wrong?

I have the Trumpeter kit and a few extras so ready to build once i can get my head around the masking. 

Help!

That is rather unusual, since the shipping takes place mostly from the EU.

Now it is slightly different. Luckily for US and Canada customers.

The answer below contains everything that I wanted to say: it is doable both ways. Since there are masking tape that is extra around the sheets, you can always test it out that way. The general idea is that it depends on how you sequence the colors. Some go from light to dark and there you are limited with the usage. If you are more free-minded on the sequence, you can mask and paint however fits you best.

53 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

In principle you can use it either way. The Foxbot set is meant to be used to cover the colors you paint as each section is made of several digital "patches" (It will not be enough to just use the negative outline mask). I find it much easier to use it in this way as well and I will also be using the DN set that way. You just have to let the different colors dry well before applying the mask or you will risk peeling off the paint when you unmask. A good primer layer I find to be essential..

/Niels

There it is, all said above.

Want to add something else. Sometimes modelers who spray thin layers achieve results with some areas under-painted. Meaning, that we might end up with a transparent area. The good news is that masks can be used again if removed carefully in the first place. If not, additional masking might be needed. That happens in real life as well. What we try to do is replicate the reality to the maximum and one of the ideas came when looking at Friuls metal tracks. You can hardly mess that up. If you do, it will be pretty much the same as in real life. Our masks are aiming toward that same goal. Decals resemble perfect markings. This isn't the case.

Here's what I mean:

https://dnmodels.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Masks-vs-Decals-The-Analysis-by-DN-Models-overspray.jpg

https://dnmodels.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Masks-vs-Decals-The-Analysis-by-DN-Models-overspray-2.jpg

Look closely to see how many imperfections there are there.

Ref: This Article

Life is messy :)