Oooooold Revell P-51B

denders

12 hours ago, Ayovan said:

Dave, I know my eyes aint what they used to be, but isn't the oil cooler vent open on the wrong side? 

He is right - that door has to get turned around.  Nice build!  But that door MUST bee turned around.

Some of the markings, painted. More to come, just finished them. Hopefully I can remove the masking and post an update tomorrow. The rest of the markings are from the decal sheet. Hopefully the Revell decals are still good (says 1993 on the decal sheet.) I'll have to do a test with something I'm not going to use.

s2yoVH.jpg

There are some spots that lifted when I removed masking, mostly from the camo colors. Some of them are from spots where I had the Dzus fastener decal details added. I guess perhaps I didn't have them down well enough, unfortunately. I'll have to figure out just how I'm going to repaint those areas. I'm thinking about lowering the airbrush air pressure to 10 psi or and use Post It notes.

Dave

That is looking good, for such an old kit it has turned out really well, it reminds me of my early attempt at the kit in the 1990's which still has pride of place in my US section of the display cabinet.

Cheers

Dennis