9 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Close, but no cigar! The kit has the vents, which you can see above the black panel on the wing root in the photo below, whereas the aircraft you're depicting doesn't, so they really require removing.

hawker_hurricane_mk_iic_by_daniel_wales_

@Kagemusha Aha!! :lol: Thanks for that info, I see what you're meaning! Off they will go then! Thanks for the info

Does anyone have an idea/pic of where the IFF antenna exited the fuselage on the Hurricane? And where the lead-ins were situated on the horizontal stab leading edge? Thanks!

• IainM changed the title to 1/32 Fly Hurricane Mk. 2C Night Fighter (Primer time!)

Made some progress.....
Got the first primer coat down, some touch-ups to do, but generally happy with the result. Not as much as I thought I'd have to do.
Have to rescribe some detail now and restore some rivet detail where the joins are, but at least things are getting along.

islkPG.jpg

@Kagemusha you'll be happy to see those vents below the cockpit are gone! :lol:

ikfL6n.jpg

She's not a small bird at all......quite a bit larger than the 109 I'm building. I was quite surprised!

ZjLVcL.jpg

Quite a decent set of resin tyres supplied with the kit!

unIzZ8.jpg

tbfeW3.jpg

HkVwuP.jpg

I think instead of my usual black-basing, I'll start by using this primer as the base and build up effects on it. That should give some nice tonal/distressing/fading effects when I put on the black scheme

Nice Iain.  The wheels from the Fly kit are off quite a bit in diameter of both the wheel and the tyre.

Barracuda has a nice set that includes the up locks. I know because I've re-started my PCM kit that

was shelved for the 109D. Those little up lock parts are quite fiddely as one might imagine but I

managed to get them installed.

http://barracudacals.com/proddetail.php?prod=BR32426

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003618-hurricane-wheel-size-in-132/

7RPM922.jpg

Not a great big deal , just a suggestion.

Edited by MikeMaben

On 7/4/2022 at 8:30 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

Very neat work, Iain! Coming along nicely.

Kev

On 7/4/2022 at 7:31 PM, dennismcc said:

Looking good and very much like a Hurricane now.

Cheers

Dennis

On 7/9/2022 at 1:28 AM, MARU5137 said:

What a super looking Hurricane.

a real beauty as it comes together.

:bow:

On 7/9/2022 at 4:18 AM, Kagemusha said:

Looking mighty fine Iain, good to see the vents gone, they were the first thing I saw, and something I had no control over.

15 hours ago, Iain said:

Lovely work Iain - coming together beautifully!

Iain

7 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

The primer step is always a great one to see how it' all coming together.  It looks really good, can't wait for paint.

Matt 

35 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Nice Iain.  The wheels from the Fly kit are off quite a bit in diameter of both the wheel and the tyre.

Barracuda has a nice set that includes the up locks. I know because I've re-started my PCM kit that

was shelved for the 109D. Those little up lock parts are quite fiddely as one might imagine but I

managed to get them installed.

http://barracudacals.com/proddetail.php?prod=BR32426

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003618-hurricane-wheel-size-in-132/

7RPM922.jpg

Not a great big deal , just a suggestion.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! Much appreciated!
I think I will indeed source myself a set of Roy's wheels for the kit! Thanks @MikeMaben for the heads-up!

Before the last really couple of weeks of cold, rainy, high humidity days hit NZ I managed to do some panel line pre-shading on the Hurri, followed by a thin layer of silver (for chipping later). This is how she stands at the moment - I'm going to hold off a bit on any further painting until I have a day of not having to sponge the condensation off the window in the garage!:lol:

9TmxBb.jpg

6MGmQC.jpg