On 7/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, MikeMaben said:

Nice Iain.  The wheels from the Fly kit are off quite a bit in diameter of both the wheel and the tyre.

Barracuda has a nice set that includes the up locks. I know because I've re-started my PCM kit that

was shelved for the 109D. Those little up lock parts are quite fiddely as one might imagine but I

managed to get them installed.

http://barracudacals.com/proddetail.php?prod=BR32426

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003618-hurricane-wheel-size-in-132/

7RPM922.jpg

Not a great big deal , just a suggestion.

@MikeMaben Thanks for the heads-up - my Barracuda wheels have just arrived from Aus! As with all of Roy's goodies, they are way better than that which came in the kit!

On 8/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, Gerhard said:

Dit lyk bakgat Iain. Very well done and your judgement one tones is superb. 

Dankie @Gerhard waardeer dit!

On 8/7/2022 at 6:13 AM, scvrobeson said:

Great job making the black look more interesting.  That's always a challenge.

Matt 

Thanks @scvrobeson appreciate it!

• IainM changed the title to 1/32 Fly Hurricane Mk. 2C Night Fighter (Markings)

Here are some in-progress images of the Hurricane. I cut masks for the fuselage code and national insignia using my Xtradecal set (X32063) I had bought as reference.

The dull red was Tamiya lacquer LP18 straight up - great match to the colour on the decal sheet! Blue was Tamiya XF-8 Flat Blue and XF-1 Flat Black in a ratio of around 3:1 to match the colour on the decal sheet. The yellow was AK RLM04 with a touch of a brighter yellow to match the sheet and the white was Insignia White with a touch of Off-White.
Stencils are from HGW, which were applied after a coat of AquaGloss over the paint - hence the reflectivity in the images....

I also discovered a way of getting rid of the glue residue from the HGW transfers - Mr Softer! Always had an issue trying to get completely rid of the residue just using water, but this time I brushed Mr Softer over the glue residue, quick wipe with a soft cloth, and gone!

nPNbwb.jpg

00kI4Y.jpg

5IB70t.jpg

imqJr8.jpg

ivp6Yr.jpg

CpMXKt.jpg

23 hours ago, IainM said:

I also discovered a way of getting rid of the glue residue from the HGW transfers - Mr Softer! Always had an issue trying to get completely rid of the residue just using water, but this time I brushed Mr Softer over the glue residue, quick wipe with a soft cloth, and gone!

Much appreciated.