Here are some in-progress images of the Hurricane. I cut masks for the fuselage code and national insignia using my Xtradecal set (X32063) I had bought as reference.

The dull red was Tamiya lacquer LP18 straight up - great match to the colour on the decal sheet! Blue was Tamiya XF-8 Flat Blue and XF-1 Flat Black in a ratio of around 3:1 to match the colour on the decal sheet. The yellow was AK RLM04 with a touch of a brighter yellow to match the sheet and the white was Insignia White with a touch of Off-White.
Stencils are from HGW, which were applied after a coat of AquaGloss over the paint - hence the reflectivity in the images....

I also discovered a way of getting rid of the glue residue from the HGW transfers - Mr Softer! Always had an issue trying to get completely rid of the residue just using water, but this time I brushed Mr Softer over the glue residue, quick wipe with a soft cloth, and gone!

nPNbwb.jpg

00kI4Y.jpg

5IB70t.jpg

imqJr8.jpg

ivp6Yr.jpg

CpMXKt.jpg

23 hours ago, IainM said:

I also discovered a way of getting rid of the glue residue from the HGW transfers - Mr Softer! Always had an issue trying to get completely rid of the residue just using water, but this time I brushed Mr Softer over the glue residue, quick wipe with a soft cloth, and gone!

Much appreciated.