1/32 Messerschmitt Bf110C-3, 235-5, 235° Squadriglia

IainM

Finally, here's my Dragon 1/32 Bf110C-3 Night Fighter (modified from the C-7 kit). Build represents a/c 235-5, 235° Squadriglia, 60° Gruppo, 41° Stormo Intercettori at Lonate Pozzolo airbase, Spring 1943

Build thread can be found here

Many thanks to all who helped along the way, but especially to John Vasco himself who guided me along the precarious tightrope regarding the subtleties in the variant differences of the Bf110. Quite a bit I would have been very unaware of and wouldn't have modded without his help. The C-3 is a very interesting beast to say the least.

wSjxqu.jpg

UP0snX.jpg

fRJK7U.jpg

I7GM4c.jpg

wsKnUO.jpg

slE8rD.jpg

83pkb5.jpg

UCSSyX.jpg

OtA9bU.jpg

lThjnM.jpg

2e5NCS.jpg

8PWCia.jpg

PXvcWV.jpg

JbzUj9.jpg

rqxkhG.jpg

aMYGqz.jpg

XpQFhn.jpg

zBqv8H.jpg

ycasY3.jpg

Thanks for looking...on to the next one!
Iain

1 hour ago, Uncarina said:

I am in love with the build and the photography! This is one of the RFI’s that I will be revisiting time and again.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom, that's very kind of you!

I can only echo Tom, Kevin's and Mike's comments - beautiful work and a top shelf result Iain!  The camo is a rare one for night fighters and really sets your build apart.  I have a C-7 kit in the stash and also plan to convert it to a night-fighter.  My youngest great-uncle served as a radio/radar operator on both 110's and 88's in NJG's 2 and 5 and the build will honor his service.   Hopefully mine will turn out as well as yours!

Ernest 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

That’s turned out fantastically well, Iain! Great photography, too.

Kev

Thanks Kev!

On 3/11/2022 at 10:31 PM, MikeMaben said:

Beautiful finish Iain !!!  :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks Mike!

15 hours ago, Greif8 said:

I can only echo Tom, Kevin's and Mike's comments - beautiful work and a top shelf result Iain!  The camo is a rare one for night fighters and really sets your build apart.  I have a C-7 kit in the stash and also plan to convert it to a night-fighter.  My youngest great-uncle served as a radio/radar operator on both 110's and 88's in NJG's 2 and 5 and the build will honor his service.   Hopefully mine will turn out as well as yours!

Ernest 

Thank you Ernest! Wow, that's an amazing bit of history and a story you are able to impart into your build! I cannot wait to see it unfold!!

13 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Lovely build

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Rod Bettencourt said:

That looks great! I enjoyed building that kit hope you did to.

Rod

Thanks Rod. Yes, although she fought me and my skills a bit, I love the 110 as an aircraft. Highly enjoyable overall

5 hours ago, Knightofthesky said:

It's a beauty! :bow:

Danke sehr aufmerksam!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Iain,

Been meaning to comment on this for a while, but took a bit of a break just as you got this one across the line. The result is spectacular: fine model building skills, excellent paintwork and some well considered weathering. The photo's do it justice too!

Sean

9 hours ago, Madmax said:

Hi Iain,

Been meaning to comment on this for a while, but took a bit of a break just as you got this one across the line. The result is spectacular: fine model building skills, excellent paintwork and some well considered weathering. The photo's do it justice too!

Sean

Thanks Sean, much appreciated!!