Zoukei Mura - Old Man Blog No.115

Jan_G

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Good to read there are unused parts included, so maybe the standard canopy, and tall tail amongst others.

If the pictured sprues are all included it should at least be the canopy and tall tail. The standard canopy can be seen in the latest post (part 5) and the different rudders in part 3. I also see both tall and short tail wheels in part 3. That gives plenty of options. 

Edited by VintageEagle

Hmmm… I think I will build my kit grey and without the skin just like the ZM display.  So much amazing detail. Do others do this?  Maybe just do the interior colors.  The Hartman schemes do not so much for me anyway. We shall see. 

I am looking forward to the ZM 109's.

I especially like the "late" model versions. Maybe we will see a state of the art G-10 and  K model in the near future.

I must admit I was disappointed that a FW-190D-9 not included in the ZM  FW-190 line up. The Hasegawa kit getting a little old and a state-of-the-art replacement would be welcomed. 

2 hours ago, Rick R. said:

I am looking forward to the ZM 109's.

I especially like the "late" model versions. Maybe we will see a state of the art G-10 and  K model in the near future.

I must admit I was disappointed that a FW-190D-9 not included in the ZM  FW-190 line up. The Hasegawa kit getting a little old and a state-of-the-art replacement would be welcomed. 

If I recall correctly, ZM mentioned that Dora models could happen, but that was a long time ago, back when they first announced their Fw-190 project. 

Cheers,

Adam

3 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

The latest Old Man blog mentions which versions  will follow after the first release. Unfortunately no DB 605AS or D versions: 

‘‘G-2’’ ‘‘G-4’’ ‘‘G-6 Early Type’’ ‘‘G-6 Late Type’’ ‘‘G-14’’ and ‘‘G-6/U4’’ 

Perhaps the successful run of these will cause late model G's and K's to be produced in the future.

10 hours ago, Magneto said:

I know about the Jumbos - but my interests don’t go back before the Emils.  

The point I was trying to make is that you mistakenly presented a DB 600 and labelled it a DB 601.  

Also you rejected my hypothesis (that’s all it was) on the one hand then state:

‘There were a couple of 109 prototypes that had Db600s’

Also you state ‘a couple’ used the DB 600.  I would ask from whence do you get that exact number but as I said the whole point of my comment was just to say politely that you were mistaken so we don’t need to ‘mission creep’ ‘switch fire’ or side step to other subjects to hide anything! 

It’s all good fun!  The quest for knowledge continues! Avanti! Adelante and Vorwärts!

There were no Daimler Benz engines in production 109s until the E series.

Db600s were in 109 prototypes V10 thru V14   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler-Benz_DB_600

We were both wrong , the first pic I posted is a Db601a , the last pic I posted (second post) is a Db600)

We agree on your last sentence.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Dear All,

Here in France, we have the chance to be in touch with Jean-Claude Mermet, who is wellknown from a long time for his knowledge about the 109,  and author of many detailed books, publications, articles, etc...

With the following link, you can find at a (french, sorry) forum where he is given his technical opinion about the ZM model to be release. and argue with illustrated original documentation.

Jean-Claude Mermet = "Jicehem"

(591) 1/32 infos sur futur 109 G-14 Zoukei Mura (forumactif.com)

Hope this is of a great interest for you all.

Rgds

Edited by rafju