Zoukei Mura - Old Man Blog No.115

Jan_G

Seems nice so far.

For a G14/U4 bird, you'll have to scratchbuild 2 compressed air bottles (blue with a red strip) for the MK108 that are placed on a tray under the MW50 tank (parts F18 & F19)

For a G6/U4 bird, the same tray with the 2 bottles was installed in the tail, under the battery tray, like on the G2 and G4

(i can supply pictures of the installation via email for those interested)

Or are these bottles provided but the instructions forgot them ?

Also, for a G14/U4, don't install the part A13 (breathable oxygen bombs) as these were relocated in the left wing.

Edited by Vincent

The kit looks amazing, however I think I would prefer an engine stand like the Great Wall p-40 as I suspect if I get one of these I am going to glue the engine compartment closed and just not use a bunch of the parts in the tail section.  

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

The kit looks amazing, however I think I would prefer an engine stand like the Great Wall p-40 as I suspect if I get one of these I am going to glue the engine compartment closed and just not use a bunch of the parts in the tail section.  

There is an engine stand included in the kit. BTW, every ZM kit includes an engine stand, they always include one as part of the "runner" (sprue) for the engine. 

Radu

12 hours ago, Radub said:

The compressed air bottles for charging the MK 108 cannon are included in the kit. 

Radu 

So the instruction manual forgot about them ?

On the G-14 the compressed air bottles for the MK 108 were relocated to the left wing in the space previously occupied by the ammunition for the MG 151. The access hatch for the MG 151 ammunition was used to refill the bottles. There is original Messerschmitt information, which was also published in other books, that supports this. If you think that the U4 compressed air bottles should be elsewhere on the G-14, then you can easily relocated these bottles in that location, no major issue. 

Radu