Zoukei Mura - Old Man Blog No.115

Jan_G

15 hours ago, somebody said:

wonder if they can combine shipping these extra parts with pre-ordered kit....

I'm wondering the same thing.  I see on their site that shipments are expected to begin on July 2 for both the kit and the detail parts.   Might put it to the test later.

Cheers,

Michael

19 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

Just got a shipping confirmation from VOLKS Japan! :frantic:

I got one of these too, last night, and this morning an email from DHL advising a waybill number.  Last time I ordered something from Z-M in Japan, it took four days to get here, so all digits are crossed it arrives before the end of next week.  I want to get the interior set and gun barrels before I start it, so it goes into the stash for a while.  After I've ogled all the lovely bits inside and read, re-read, and read again the instructions. :D

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Vincent said:

Hello all

I got the kit today (thanks to ZM and Radu for that unexpected surprise) and I'll dig further into it. My first impression is very good - looks like a G6 for sure and the amount of internal details is, as you know already, quite insane and for the most part pretty accurate.

I'm still debating on how to structure a review of this kit - do a purely G14/U4 review as it is what the kit is supposed to depict or do a generic review of what versions can be built whith what is given in the box

I'll think about it and do the review

:)

Vincent

Look forward to it Vincent. I’d be interested in what can be built from what comes in the box. I’d like to put Italian markings on mine when it comes if applicable. 

You should be able to do a standard Bf 109 G-6 with what is in this box. All types of engine cowl, canopy or tail relevant to the G-6 are included. If you want to do a G-6/R-6 or G-6/R-1 (or a G-2 or a G-4) you will need to wait for other kits to be released.

Radu

Edited by Radub

1 hour ago, Radub said:

You should be able to do a standard Bf 109 G-6 with what is in this box. All types of engine cowl, canopy or tail relevant to the G-6 are included. If you want to do a G-6/R-6 or G-6/R-1 (or a G-2 or a G-4) you will need to wait for other kits to be released.

Radu

Great stuff. 

6 hours ago, Vincent said:

I'm still debating on how to structure a review of this kit - do a purely G14/U4 review as it is what the kit is supposed to depict or do a generic review of what versions can be built whith what is given in the box

I'll think about it and do the review

:)

Vincent

I think both would be very helpful, then we will all be better informed about the kit and can make our own choice.

Hope I haven't made life harder for you. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Michael