Zoukei Mura - Old Man Blog No.115

Jan_G

Gaz, probably of no use to you but I was able to place a pre order through a UK stockist. Check the ZM Site, I believe its friends list or something to check on shops they deal with in Australia. Apologies if you’ve already done that. Truth told I don’t think I’ve saved much if anything in ordering from a UK stockist rather than ZM themselves but in ordering from UK stocks I wont get stung for import taxes like I might if I ordered through ZM Direct. I’ve ordered a few times direct and sometimes I get caught for Import Tax and sometimes they slip through. Box size isn’t always a factor either. 

23 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

"Note that the deadline for Bf 109 pre-order is coming up on March 13, 2022 (JST)."

Well, seems I learn something new every day.

Completely unknown to me, there's a USA outlet for "Volks:"

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/scale/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=13351

Problem is, the fine print appears to indicate that the PO ended on March 2.

Not a complete loss, mind you.

Like I said, I learned something from the experience.

I think the pre-order dealine for the north american market/volks USA was March 4th. I placed my order on the last day. It seems like March 13th is for Japanese market only.

I'm not sure how much $$ I'm saving by pre-ordering from US. It ended up being $180CDN after shipping & conversion....guessing I'll have to pay duty on top of that when it gets here.

1 hour ago, ivanmoe said:

Well, seems I learn something new every day.

Completely unknown to me, there's a USA outlet for "Volks:"

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/scale/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=13351

Problem is, the fine print appears to indicate that the PO ended on March 2.

Not a complete loss, mind you.

Like I said, I learned something from the experience.

Great service from Volks USA, I order all my ZM stuff from there,

Got mine on pre-order and hoping that the release will be early June rather than late June.  Or July.

I'm also looking to see what they do with the FW-190 too.  Other than ground attack versions, is there a decent A series 190 available these days??  At least with Z-M kits, you can be sure that accuracy will be about the best available.

Cheers,

Michael