1/32 Revell RF-4C

Dennis7423

My brother, Avenger2614 here on the forums, asked me to post some photos of his also recently completed Revell RF-4C kit. He noted the following about the build:

GT Resin cockpit, Cutting Edge decals, Def Model wheels, and Wolfpack burner cans. Paint again is Vallejo Model Air acrylics. Any comments and critiques are most welcome! He frequents the forums, so he'll see your feedback. Thanks all!

20220308_125456

20220308_125504

20220308_125640

20220308_125614

20220308_125631

20220308_125703

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

On 3/21/2022 at 2:29 PM, daveculp said:

I'd love to hear how he gets the Vallejo acrylics to come out so nice.  That's a pretty Phantom!

Definitely not easy, and I've still not quite learned how to shoot them without some issue. I'm using an Iwata Eclipse airbrush, and airbrushing in a room with an open-air filtration system for a 108-gallon saltwater fish tank, which I'm learning is a must to airbrush Model Air: humidity. I've never been able to shoot them straight out of the bottle like they advertise, but having the humidity inside the house definitely helps versus shooting outdoors in the dry Colorado air. I usually thin them 4:1 with Vallejo thinner, and even then they still clog the airbrush. 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, Avenger2614 said:

Definitely not easy, and I've still not quite learned how to shoot them without some issue. I'm using an Iwata Eclipse airbrush, and airbrushing in a room with an open-air filtration system for a 108-gallon saltwater fish tank, which I'm learning is a must to airbrush Model Air: humidity. I've never been able to shoot them straight out of the bottle like they advertise, but having the humidity inside the house definitely helps versus shooting outdoors in the dry Colorado air. I usually thin them 4:1 with Vallejo thinner, and even then they still clog the airbrush. 

Well I'm glad I asked!  Thanks for the info.  I live in the desert and have always been disappointed in my results with Vallejo Model Air.