1/32 Dragon Messerschmitt Bf110 D-3 7/ZG 26 3U + MR

monthebiff

Just now, monthebiff said:

Thank you for that Iain as its super useful info which I wasn't aware of!

Here is the link to my G-4 conversion 

Regards. Andy 

Thanks @monthebiff I've just found it, I will deffo be taking a much more detailed look through all 27 pages of it!!:lol:
Brilliant, just brilliant.....!!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Andy,

Awesome  solutions to your build and what an Exceptional  looking cockpit et al.

:wow:

:goodjob:  you have done a fantastic  job....

:bow:

Thanks for looking in Maru,  the Dragin 110 kits are just so enjoyable to build. This is my second and have two more in the stash. 

Regards. Andy 

Been busy working on the wings/ wheel wells and have these built up, painted and fitted in to the wings.

20220507-205354.jpg

20220507-205409.jpg

and on to the difficult part of the wing assembly which is getting the engine nacelles built up and looking neat and tidy.

20220507-211133.jpg

I've moved away from the kit instructions on this area and will build the panels from the bottom up.

Regards. Andy 

Starboard wing completed and pretty appealing with the way the engine nacelle finished up.

20220508-201550.jpg

20220508-201544.jpg

I will take some step by step assembly pics off the port nacelle for anyone planning this build as it's a tricky area.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Thanks for that Craig, nice clear shot isnt it! I will be fitting those massive 900litre tanks on this one when I have kicked the Profimodeller set in to shape.

Regards. Andy

4 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Ah now let me think! Excellent shot Max, I'm assuming it's Hendons G-4

Regards. Andy  

Indeed it is Andy!  My son arranged for me to have "special" access to it....all but clambering up into the cockpit (not allowed because of radiation from the dials believe it or not!!) but I was able to get up close and personal.  There are several shots in the "walkaround" section on the LSP website.

19 minutes ago, mozart said:

Indeed it is Andy!  My son arranged for me to have "special" access to it....all but clambering up into the cockpit (not allowed because of radiation from the dials believe it or not!!) but I was able to get up close and personal.  There are several shots in the "walkaround" section on the LSP website.

That must have been a proper treat for you Max and didn't realise instrument dials would give out that much radiation. Love the walk around pictures as well, thank you for sharing ( didn't realise they were available in the walkaround section.

Regards. Andy 

9 hours ago, CraigC said:

found this

52061239391_610705a9e5_c_d.jpg

this isn’t the right drop tank surely?

this looks like the standard (250l?) one used on 109s, and also seen on 110s.

anyway, it’s great to see these kits built - I have 4 of them and have just been trawling them pics on Luftwaffe Research Group and there are sooo many great options

lovely progress Andy, though I need to dig out my Vasco book because the 110 was until the G a 2 man aircraft, and I can’t remember whether DML got that middle seat correct?

9 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

this isn’t the right drop tank surely?

this looks like the standard (250l?) one used on 109s, and also seen on 110s.

anyway, it’s great to see these kits built - I have 4 of them and have just been trawling them pics on Luftwaffe Research Group and there are sooo many great options

lovely progress Andy, though I need to dig out my Vasco book because the 110 was until the G a 2 man aircraft, and I can’t remember whether DML got that middle seat correct?

You’re right Nick, it’s the standard wing-mounted tank, can’t remember it’s size though. But I take odds with your statement about 110s being a 2-man crew till the G’s……day fighters perhaps that’s true but I think not for E and F night fighters. 

3 hours ago, mozart said:

You’re right Nick, it’s the standard wing-mounted tank, can’t remember it’s size though. But I take odds with your statement about 110s being a 2-man crew till the G’s……day fighters perhaps that’s true but I think not for E and F night fighters. 

That was my understanding as well @mozart I've seen images of in-flight D's, E's and F's with 3-man crews - even not in the NF role. The Dackelbauch equipped recce birds had 3 man crews as well (extra pair of eyes). Just had a look through John Vasco's book, some of his images back up your statement. I suppose it did come down to being role-dependent.

@nmayhew DML got the seats right I believe - up to the D variant. The E's and onwards all had the webbed tandem seat

Edited by IainM