1/32 Dragon Messerschmitt Bf110 D-3 7/ZG 26 3U + MR

monthebiff

18 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

You'd be surprised exactly what they think is acceptable, I reckon. A few years ago, when they were launching their duralumin manufacturer stamp decals for Luftwaffe aircraft, they promoted them with a photo from my Me 262 build using the competing MDC product, and without my permission. They changed it when I called them out on it, but they clearly thought it was 'acceptable'.

Kev

I'm sure equally asked permission from MDC as well Kev, that's just unacceptable on many levels to say the least.

Regards. Andy 

5 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

I'm sure equally asked permission from MDC as well Kev, that's just unacceptable on many levels to say the least.

Regards. Andy 

Indeed. I grabbed a copy of their original image at the time, before they changed it, and have just found it:

2_1536220594.thumb.jpg.f1ff0b968ce2841066886d643b41b6e4.jpg

I'm only posting this to provide proof of my statement, but also because I made a couple of mistakes in my initial recounting of the incident. Firstly, they used two of my photos, not one. And secondly, the build was my HK Models Do 335, not the Me 262.

But no need to sully this thread further with it. Back to the Bf 110s!

Kev

I wish I'd not purchased these Profimodeller drop tanks now as the casting is not great, however the one thing that is going for them is the shape but not much else and I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone. For my chosen airframe I do need them so here we are, started with the clean up and shapiing of the nose area which is compromised by the moulding plug

20220314-202016.jpg

20220314-202031.jpg

From what I can see they have used the square step of the pour plug as the the forward panel line of the nose section of the tank and it really doesn’t work, very rough indeed!

Also Profimodeller have cast straps around the tanks which are extremely out of scale

20220313-171530.jpg

And With a little more research I donth think should be there at all and Profimodeller has based the set on a picture of a pre production 110.

So Im concentrating on the first tank and getting the detail and fit to the wing correct before moving further with this build. All raised detail is now removed 

20220314-202054.jpg

So looking at various images I don't actually think these had straps around the circumference of the tanks

20220314-202357.jpg

20220314-202402.jpg

20220314-203741.jpg

Would be interested in some input on what people thin if these tanks had straps around or not, I'm thinking not but just need the right picture to be swayed!

Regards. Andy 

Andy - do you have access to the book REVI Messerschmitt Bf 110 Volume 1?
I just scrolled through all the drawings and pictures.

The large drop tanks are shown with the straps in the drawings but they don't appear on any picture!

Cheers

Joachim

13 hours ago, Fanes said:

Andy - do you have access to the book REVI Messerschmitt Bf 110 Volume 1?
I just scrolled through all the drawings and pictures.

The large drop tanks are shown with the straps in the drawings but they don't appear on any picture!

Cheers

Joachim

Joachim, thank you for your input  and no I don't have access to the REVI book you mention. Very interested on your comments as its so very difficult to make out the details isn't it.

Regards. Andy 

13 hours ago, mozart said:

Andy, several pictures and drawings of Vasco’s study of the C,D and E show straps. Here's the best:

lcLr8C.jpg

Excellent shot thank you Max and very clear are the straps. Definitely the best picture I've seen so from that I think I will be adding the straps back on but in a little more scale thickness.

Regards. Andy 

Not sure, but may have stumbled upon somthing suitable for the 75 litre auxiliary oil tank in the shape of a bomb from the Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII kit

20220315-135937.jpg

And after some basic clean up work 

20220315-154225.jpg

20220315-154217.jpg

20220307-130821.jpg

Thinking that may work, what do you think people's. 

Regards. Andy 

47 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Not sure, but may have stumbled upon somthing suitable for the 75 litre auxiliary oil tank in the shape of a bomb from the Tamiya Spitfire Mk VIII kit

20220315-135937.jpg

And after some basic clean up work 

20220315-154225.jpg

20220315-154217.jpg

20220307-130821.jpg

Thinking that may work, what do you think people's. 

Regards. Andy 

That looks like a winner to me!

7 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Joachim, thank you for your input  and no I don't have access to the REVI book you mention. Very interested on your comments as its so very difficult to make out the details isn't it.

Regards. Andy 

Andy - I take everything I said back. Had a closer look at my reference bookmarks and found quite a lot of good pictures from ZG26:

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-110/ZG26.III.html

Some of them with clearly visible straps:

Messerschmitt-Bf-110E-Zerstorer-8.ZG26-3

Messerschmitt-Bf-110E-Zerstorer-8.ZG26-3