Bf110G-4 (early)

mozart

The cowl fitted well, such a relief so only t’other one to do now……can’t quite believe that it took me a week to build up that nacelle! Away from the bench till Sunday so mebbe a pic or two then.  The next challenge is working out how to get a centred support for the prop so that it spins! I could go down the ‘fixed’ route but since all the crew are in place I’d like the option to spin the blades. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome! 

Work (never-ending!) continues on the starboard nacelle.  The AIMS conversion provides some tiny PUR intakes to fit on the main cowling, it's this upper intake here:

FvW6QA.jpg

Doing the prep once cut off the casting block isn't easy, they are so small!  So far I've lost two out of two, but found one, which I fitted:

OJnbdO.jpg

Couldn't find the other one at all, and really not that satisfied with the PUR one, so decided to make my own.  I did the same as on my Lightning and Hunter intakes, ie carved a former out of spare resin, then put lead foil around to make the shape, trimmed and fitted:

GcdAi1.jpg

It works I think! Just have to do three more now......:doh:

4 hours ago, mozart said:

Indeed they have Andy, but a coat of paint applied with a tar brush should make things look ok! :coolio:

Always a good approach I've found as well Max. Honestly they will look just fine under a coat of paint and then mix in some weathering!

Regards. Andy 

Still toiling away with the nacelles.....though there is light at the end of the tunnel!  Had a major issue when I came to offer the spinner backing plate against the front surface of the nacelle....the latter wasn't round enough!  So a substantial lump of resin has been squeezed across the face of both nacelles to remedy this.  A bit of serendipity, because it also provides an easy solution to my shaft for the prop, just got to make sure that I drill accurately to centre it all.

v8w35E.jpg

The nacelles and wings are pretty much done, a couple of minor issues to be addressed but I'm reasonably happy with the final result given the battle that it's been!

Ao22fa.jpg

They've been primed and one has had a thin RLM76 coat applied:

Lye7DP.jpg

The reference picture seems to show a fairly heavily mottled G4, I think I'm going along with something like this one, especially since it's in the right time frame and was probably a converted G2 as I think the one I'm modelling was:

ZEsMWR.jpg

Luckily I have masks already drawn from earlier Bf110s, so once I run them off on the Silhouette I should be able to crack on.....:hmmm:

Whoa... the wings looks so clean after that primer coat!  All that clean up work on the nacelles really paid off! And I still can't get over the instruments in the engine nacelle... seems so un-German-like!

Edited by Thunnus

44 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Nicely done Max, a major hurdle out of the way, Cockpit will be a fairly easy conversion on this G4.

Regards. Andy 

Yep, I reckon the worst is over (born optimist me!), what else could possibly go wrong? :frantic:

51 minutes ago, mozart said:

Couple of shots that I hadn’t seen before, lots of lovely detail to study! Thanks Antonio…..Bf110s are just the best!! 

no problem mate,  after the 109 the 110 is the best :D  

I  have x2 1/32 bf110 in the stash waiting to be done, I will use this relic as a base for one of them, only problem is when I will find the motivation :rolleyes:  keep the good work, cheers

IMG-20220415-170426.jpg

Edited by Antonio Argudo