Flying Start Models FLS32027 Slingsby T.31B TX3 Cadet Glider (with spoilers)

Iain

We take a look at this brand new, high quality, 3D printed kit from Flying Start Models - a real jewel of a kit that reflects the creators' personal link to the type.

2427-101.jpg

Something of interest to any former Air Cadets, or those looking for something just a little different!

Will be running a build thread here.

Blue skies,

Iain

Very informative review :speak_cool:

The model looks great. 

Edit* Found my ATC record of service. Looks like XN239 bore the brunt of my efforts but there is also mention of XN293 later on. Typo? :hmmm:

Edited by geedubelyer
Airframe serial added

On 3/7/2022 at 7:30 AM, mozart said:

Great review Iain and very, very well done Tim! Sadly I never had the chance whilst I was in the ATC to fly in a glider but the association is still there. The best of luck with your venture Tim, I could well be in for an order. 

Thanks Max, you are close enough for a bike courier delivery! 

On 3/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, MARU5137 said:

Excellent  review Iain. thank you.

The detailing on the fuselage et al is outstanding. 

:goodjob:

and Mr. Tim  Perry ,Super duper 3 Dimensional  creation.

Had it not being for moulds being expensive I guess I for one would not have seen your ASTOUNDING  3D work.

:bow::bow:

and how exhilarating  to see you up in the XA 310..

Thank you for sharing your joy.

:punk:

Thanks, yes it has been a journey, and I couldn't believe my luck when I was offered a flight! Actually, had two, and a trip in the T21. And, my original instructor was there too, with his log book! What a day!

Folks, you can download a copy of the current issue of the instruction sheets, there is a link on the page linked below, just below the picture of the printed instructions, and above the decal pics. 

https://flyingstartmodels.com/Flying-Start-Models-T31B-Cadet-Project.html

This is all a bit of a work in progress, but the kit is available to buy now, either from me directly, or if you are outside of the UK, eBay is the best bet, as they deal with all the customs stuff! At the moment, as a one man band, I have enough to do with making the kits!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165373449710

Tim