Wasp Junior engine 1/32?

MikeC

Thanks Maru.  However, it seems Armory are Ukraine-based, so I think this may not be imminent, I guess they have other things on their mind right now.

8 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Web page no works 

Works for me Rick, it takes you to Aeroscale where they announce a forthcoming Wasp Junior in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 from Armory. Maybe try an alternative browser?

A couple photos of the first printing of the case and cylinders.  The case is missing one of the lifter housings, but that's a support problem that's easy to fix for the next print.  The cylinder has a couple spots that could be improved.  So far I'm happy with the progress.  Engine overall diameter is 36.3 mm.

WaspJr-002.jpg 

WaspJr-001.jpg

On 3/7/2022 at 6:42 AM, Jack said:

Mike, i have this Williams Bros kit (#310) 1/32 P&W twin wasp, don't use it, give me your home address and it's yours.

Jack.

Thanks to Jack, I now have a Twin Wasp kit. Thank you sir!

Now I just have to work out how to adapt it and the kit to produce the subject Stearman.

Thanks to everyone else for your input as well.

Edited by MikeC

Dave,

Wonderful work on the engine. The Williams Bros and the Hasegawa biplane kits are great canvas upon which to paint, but have more than a few missing details. This engine (and maybe the Wright for the Sparrowhawk, hint, hint) would be very welcome should you share files, sell the prints or put it on Shapeways.... any possibility of that?

Even the cylinders for the Wright on the Sparrowhawk or the Wasp would make a huge difference, since the front covers of the engines on that plane, the P-26, F4B-4, etc. often only let you see the ends of the cylinders. Now the Gee Bee is a perfect place to show the whole thing off.

Good luck with the designing,

Tnarg

Hi Tnarg,

I'll probably share the files somewhere, once I finish and test fit the parts.  Some tricky bits:

1)  will the ignition wires be strong enough to print?

2) are the exhaust ducts different for each application?

3) is the carb scoop different for each application?

4) is the mounting system different for each application?

Dave