Hph Models

IainCleland

Hi,

Has anyone bought anything from Hph models lately? I ordered their 1/48 Dornier Do x which is not large scale but is a large model about 2.5 weeks ago, I got the email acknowledging my order (they will send a payment request when it is ready) and they do say it tales between 1 - 3 weeks but I have email them a couple of times with some questions and also if they could email to me the instruction manual. However I have had no response from them and their Facebook page hasn’t been updated since this time last year so I am wondering if they are still active. Anyone know? I have bought from them in the past and have those 1/32 PBY in my stash.

Thanks,

Iain.

i ordered the FW 189 in 1/32 a while ago. Nothing, No response despite efforts. Many months. i put in a claim with Paypal and they were awesome and refunded my money. If you order from them, use Paypal or make sure you don't get charged until delivery. They have since dropped the FW 189 kit which is too bad because i really wanted it. if you can find it from another vendor do that i'd say. wasn't impressed. 

Thanks for both of your responses, luckily they haven’t sent the email requesting payment so I am hoping that they are actually in the process making the kit. As I said before I have bought about three kits from them in the past and they have always arrived within about ten days. It is really poor customer service to not answer emails, I just can’t think why they would behave in such a way. I even made my enquiry on their Facebook page but still no response and as I said it hasn’t had any updates to it for about a year. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them Jboldt007, that is gust appalling service.

Communication with them can be hit and miss. However, if you purchase something from them, my experience is showing that you will get it. Frankly, all those small companies in Eastern Europe are managed by nice and honest people. They do their best but their English communication capability can be so-so. For the last thirty years I never had ONE serious problem with a purchase in that area of the world whereas I cannot say the same about some Asian, American or Western Europe resellers! Actually, the more western it was, the highest was the probability of problem !

9 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Communication with them can be hit and miss. However, if you purchase something from them, my experience is showing that you will get it. Frankly, all those small companies in Eastern Europe are managed by nice and honest people. They do their best but their English communication capability can be so-so. For the last thirty years I never had ONE serious problem with a purchase in that area of the world whereas I cannot say the same about some Asian, American or Western Europe resellers! Actually, the more western it was, the highest was the probability of problem !

Agree-

in my case, I simply wanted some spare parts in case I screwed up an expensive kit (clear parts, photoetch, and masks)

a few emails back and forth, with a separate payment link..all worked out; just took a few weeks. When the spare clear parts showed up, there were a few bubbles on the windscreen. I emailed a picture of the defective part and she sent me a replacement right away.

nice folks..but just takes time and a little persistence-

cheers

Pete

this seems to be the experience - some have a great one with HPH. As has been noted - for their customer service... others are like me ...  OMG they are just stealing my money. which was may experience. 4- 5 months (that may be wrong) and nothing. And i tried. OMG i wanted that FW 189 so bad  it hurt. But in the end i had to pull the plug. I admire Paypal for a very professional response to the the situation. But really... i want that FW 189... oh man.... 

Repeated e-mails meant nothing. I guess it is about who you get ahold of. For a small company i guess this is the way it is. 

meant to say... I admire companies like HPH.. it's a global community - China, US, UK, Russia, Czech Republic, Croatia - I've ordered products from companies in all these places. And it must be hard to run such companies - labour of love. So they should be supported. But just my experience. 

Thank you for all the replies, I will just have to wait and see… I have bought the La 7, PBY Catalina and the Helldiver from them before and I have been impressed with their kits. I mainly build resin kits and theirs are one of the best. I will post an update either way. If the Dornier Do x is anything like their PBY kit then it will be a great kit. I have built their La 7 and the Helldiver both of which are great kits. I was going to build the PBY next but if the Dornier arrives within a couple of weeks then I will get stuck into that. I also have my eye on their Tigercat. Has anyone bought the Dornier Do x?

Edited by IainCleland

5 hours ago, Jboldt007 said:

.. it's a global community - China, US, UK, Russia, Czech Republic, Croatia

Not right now it isn't .  Things are anything but normal their part of the world right now.

5 hours ago, Jboldt007 said:

this seems to be the experience - some have a great one with HPH. As has been noted - for their customer service... others are like me ...  OMG they are just stealing my money. which was may experience. 4- 5 months (that may be wrong) and nothing. And i tried. OMG i wanted that FW 189 so bad  it hurt. But in the end i had to pull the plug. I admire Paypal for a very professional response to the the situation. But really... i want that FW 189... oh man.... 

Repeated e-mails meant nothing. I guess it is about who you get ahold of. For a small company i guess this is the way it is. 

Looking at their 1/32 kits on their website they still have the FW 189 listed for sale.

I recently (November) bought a C47 direct from HPH. It landed in january with no issues. After the initial order, my account status did not change for some time then all of a sudden it appeared. 

In addition, when I was building my 189, i screwed up one of the decals and had to order a new sheet which arrived two weeks after my order free of charge. 

My experience,? if your not in a rush the service is spot on.