Hasegawa P-47D, Gabby Gabreski 1944

Looking great.   You are very close to me, i live in Fullerton and have been working on the same kit in the same scheme since 2017. 

pretty straightforward.  Some correct the cowl height, and there are sink marks, shallow ones, on the bottoms of the wings and belly of the fuselage.  I filled mine with mr surfacer.   Other than that, the kit goes together really well.  

watching with interest. 

5 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Looking great.   You are very close to me, i live in Fullerton and have been working on the same kit in the same scheme since 2017. 

pretty straightforward.  Some correct the cowl height, and there are sink marks, shallow ones, on the bottoms of the wings and belly of the fuselage.  I filled mine with mr surfacer.   Other than that, the kit goes together really well.  

watching with interest. 

Fullerton?  Literally right down the street. We (used to anyway) do downtown Fullerton for dinner a lot. Chomp, Rockin Taco, and my favorite The Old Spaghetti Factory.

5 hours ago, Ayovan said:

Fullerton?  Literally right down the street. We (used to anyway) do downtown Fullerton for dinner a lot. Chomp, Rockin Taco, and my favorite The Old Spaghetti Factory.

We've probably been within 20 feet of each other, I've been in Fullerton since 1990.  

On 3/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, Citadelgrad said:

watching with interest. 

Yeah, the sink marks on the fuselage belly (where the belly tank mount is located) are pretty pronounced. I haven't really looked at the wings too close yet.

14 minutes ago, Ayovan said:

Yeah, the sink marks on the fuselage belly (where the belly tank mount is located) are pretty pronounced. I haven't really looked at the wings too close yet.

I cant recover my own photo after the great photobucket purge, but you can see it on page one of my build, first photo i ever posted here   

really shallow but pretty visible. 

after i painted the wings, i noticed two more on the top of the wing just ahead of the flaps. I left those….but they are the same, about two inches long and pretty apparent. 

Edited by Citadelgrad

On 3/7/2022 at 3:30 AM, Ayovan said:

On a side note. I'm going back to work today after a 14 month recovery, from Covid-19. I would have never imagined in a million years,  how the last year has been. Crazy stuff...

Well it's been a week and a 1/2 back on the job. Man am I out of shape...lol. The mind says yes, but the body says, WTH are you doing??? 

Also got a reminder about a few things I haven't had to deal with for 14 months. L.A. traffic. I forgot how many L.A. drivers suffer from chronic rectal/cranial inversion. Apprentices. I forgot just how many of them cannot follow basic instructions. I have 3 of them, that together have the same combined I.Q. as a box of rocks.

Building inspectors....ummmmm. I don't even want to say what I'm thinking about him right now. It could land me in jail...

Oh, did I mention...HOW FREAKIN OUT OF SHAPE I AM????????:doh: