Hasegawa P-47D, Gabby Gabreski 1944

14 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Nice.  Which kit are you building??

Cheers,

Michael

Thread title. Hasegawa. I took a picture of the box and sprues but my phone (for whatever reason) is converting them to some weird file that my PC can't convert. I'll figure it out later.

Right now I'm off to the LHS for some paint. I need zinc primer yellow and all my camo colors for this one. I did start cleaning up some engine parts last night while watching the Nascar truck race. 

epIF41.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

Got my paint, and ordered some parts. I got to thinking about the long gun barrels and how I kept breaking the pitot tube on my Corsair, so I ordered a  Master Model gun and pitot tube set, along with an Eduard Instrument panel, and set of Eduard seat belts. No more AM for this one.

Edit: going with Mr.Color paint on this build, and using the codes on the build instructions (for the most part).

Edited by Ayovan

43 minutes ago, j ferguson said:

Ayovan,

Is it an Iphone and are they HEIC images?  Isn't Apple just woderful?

No, it's an android, but the same HEIC file. I had to go into cloud to convert it to a jpeg. Iphone or android doesn't matter, still a PIA. Remember when we didn't have cell phones? How did we ever survive...:shrug:

Just a couple quick pics, to show I'm actually starting this project. lol

KTm6Ln.jpg

Started cleaning and dry fitting to engine

YybozH.jpg

Shot a little primer on. I'll probably start painting tomorrow night.

iShXZL.jpg

No, it's an android, but the same HEIC file. I had to go into cloud to convert it to a jpeg. Iphone or android doesn't matter, still a PIA. Remember when we didn't have cell phones? How did we ever survive...

now I'm the very last one that can be helpful about technology, I'm still scared turning on the radio and listen to people that's speaking from within!

but, in this specific case, maybe... I had the same HEIC deadlock, until I discovered that sending the images via email automatically converts these from HEIC to JPG.  since I write on the pc, I just found easy and timesaving send the pics instead of download from cloud, convert, save again, post. cute, isn't it?

Edited by mc65

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

like the look of the Engine... quite realistic. 

:wow:

Thanks  Maru. First I hit it with a really thin wash of mig ammo dark brown oil which brought out the cooling fins and some other details. Then I used the same dark brown oil un thinned, brushed into as many crevasses I could get it into. I let it dry for a while, then used a cotton bud (Q-tip) and a paper towel to wipe it off until it look similar to some of the photos I was looking at. I think it looks ok.

I wanted to do the plug wires, but I chickened out :blush:... That would have helped it a lot.  I'll try doing it on the next radial engine airplane I build.

Andy