Aerotech Me 209V1 Coming Later in 2022

LSP_Kevin

John from Marsh Models (Aerotech) has contacted me to let me know that he's working on an Me 209V1 kit for release later this year. He also sent through a photo of the current state of the master pattern:

DSCF5089.thumb.JPG.77090fe9526787a1ce2a42e40488b67c.JPG

This is of course a resin kit, and will be in 1/32 scale. That's all I know. I'll post more news when/if John sends some through (or he can add to this post himself).

Kev

16 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

They do look nice, but they are VERY expensive for what is basically a 'curbside' kit.

They are expensive kits, no doubt, but it's all relative to how badly you want that particular aircraft in your cabinet.

As for VALUE for money, a few hundred bucks for months and months of using all the techniques in your repertoire to end up with a pretty unique model, is relatively cheap entertainment  :D

3 hours ago, RadBaron said:

They are expensive kits, no doubt, but it's all relative to how badly you want that particular aircraft in your cabinet.

As for VALUE for money, a few hundred bucks for months and months of using all the techniques in your repertoire to end up with a pretty unique model, is relatively cheap entertainment  :D

I'd agree but wonder how HPH etc can pack so much into similar prices...

13 hours ago, adameliclem said:

I get queasy just thinking about controlling that snake. Neat looking model.

Adam

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I hope they will include the snake scheme!

No snake for the V1 - the snake was painted on the V4 (armed fighter prototype) for propaganda photos.

The V1 was first left unpainted, with puttied seams and rivets, and covered in highly polished clear varnish. After the record attempt, the aircraft was painted in highly polished RAL 5008 Graublau (the Messerschmitt company color, also used on e.g. civilian Bf 108) - NOT RLM 24 as you often see quoted.

1 hour ago, pvanroy said:

No snake for the V1 - the snake was painted on the V4 (armed fighter prototype) for propaganda photos.

The V1 was first left unpainted, with puttied seams and rivets, and covered in highly polished clear varnish. After the record attempt, the aircraft was painted in highly polished RAL 5008 Graublau (the Messerschmitt company color, also used on e.g. civilian Bf 108) - NOT RLM 24 as you often see quoted.

The snake I referred to is the aircraft itself, which had the handling characteristics of an angry python.

Adam

5 hours ago, pvanroy said:

Thanks! I did not read carefully this was the V1!