1/32 F-35C from Trumpeter in april

RNoAF

I like the Deft aquamarine stuff that's replaced the irridescent & lemon hexavalent chromium alloy treatment on fast-movers, but I'm waiting for an F-35B to do in mint choc chip.

Sorry Italeri, sorry Trumpeter. You can try making an F-22 to get my money.

Tony 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 11:41 PM, npb748r said:

thanks NewtonK, these schemes are much better than the standard, appreciate you finding them, they are an improvement over the drab grey.  Unfortunately, to my eyes, this aircraft is just plain ugly, it seems so out of proportion. It's just such an unappealing looking plane to put on my limited shelf space. Hoping that those who love it find the kit a good one.

You better praise the Lord...or US DOD for dumping the Boeing XF-32 :D

48 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

oh my, I forgot about that one - now that is double ugly - looks like some bizarre love child of a F-22 and the trailer from an articulated lorry !!!!  It does make the F-35 look more acceptable !

On 8/11/2022 at 10:46 AM, iaf-man said:

Actually, with the jutting out lower inlet fitted (a la Su-75 Checkmate) I thought it a fascinating pudgy little delta winged fella. 

(Come to think of it, I'd go for a Trumpeter 1/32 Su-57 and -75, but would genuinely relish an F-22 and F-35B.)

I hope the F-35C sells and encourages more releases of modern subjects. If cash reserves were deeper I would get this kit as it looks to be a fun build.

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
typo

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

Actually, with the jutting out lower inlet fitted (a la Su-75 Checkmate) I thought it a fascinating pudgy little delta winged fella. 

(Come to think of it, I'd go for a Trumpeter 1/32 Su-57 and -75, but would genuinely relish an F-22 and F-35C.)

I hope the F-35C sells and encourages more releases of modern subjects. If cash reserves were deeper I would get this kit as it looks to be a fun build.

Tony 

I would totally build a 1/32 Su-57... 

and a 1/32 Su-34 dammit! 

7 hours ago, Tony T said:

(Come to think of it, I'd go for a Trumpeter 1/32 Su-57 and -75, but would genuinely relish an F-22 and F-35C.)

Tony 

The Achilles heel of this and other stealths is that they , like Ford T,come in one boooring color :doh:

11 hours ago, iaf-man said:

The Achilles heel of this and other stealths is that they , like Ford T,come in one boooring color :doh:

It might be an interesting challenge to reproduce the shiny graphite-like finish accurately. 

Personally, I'd like to do one as a Blue Angel or in gloss scarlet with Naval Missile Center drone markings.

Tony