1/32 F-35C from Trumpeter in april

RNoAF

17 hours ago, npb748r said:

that is exactly what has put me off both this and the A model. To my old eyes it's not an attractive aircraft to start with and then overall grey colour scheme makes it look a tad more ugly. I'd also build the RAF B version but like you I'll wait until the person in charge of camouflage realises that colourful military aircraft might be easier to spot in real life but they make better models for us !  It is great to see a new 1/32 kit from Trumpeter though, hope it sells well and prompts more releases - it certainly looks a good kit from the pictures.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwlX47aH--TMpsAtoylXm

Like this?  I believe this is the F-35 Aggressor scheme called "Wraith", as found on the interweb.

Edited by NewtonK
Clarification

1 hour ago, NewtonK said:

Mmm, I've one in my stash that I found after digging for hours on the net... At a reasonable price, no less. They're out there, keep looking! 

Is that an offer ? 

On 5/28/2022 at 9:31 PM, ScottsGT said:

Dip in Future after? 

I didn't try that.  Might experiment again on some scrap plastic.  Evrytime I sprayed the Tamiya, no matter how light, it looked distorted

• 3 weeks later...

If this ever happens, you F-35aphobes will be happy to learn that the USAF has approved a splinter camo paint scheme for their aggressor F-35s that offers something besides overall yucky gray.  Still not a glamorous airplane, but an improvement as far as modeling goes.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NewtonK said:

Another option to the gray on gray camo...

thanks NewtonK, these schemes are much better than the standard, appreciate you finding them, they are an improvement over the drab grey.  Unfortunately, to my eyes, this aircraft is just plain ugly, it seems so out of proportion. It's just such an unappealing looking plane to put on my limited shelf space. Hoping that those who love it find the kit a good one.

Am I the only one who sees an F-22 in the picture above?  I thought this was about the new F-35 Kit ;)

..However painting an(y) aircraft in Turquoise and poop brown doesn´t do much for its appeal - but that may be just my opinion :D

Edited by Zola25

10 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Am I the only one who sees an F-22 in the picture above?  I thought this was about the new F-35 Kit ;)

..However painting an(y) aircraft in Turquoise and poop brown doesn´t do much for its appeal - but that may be just my opinion :D

think you are right, it does look like an F22. Now you've created a whole new debate. I'm happy with the turquoise, looks similar to the Russian cockpit colour however poop brown will spiral all over the place from hull red to RAF dark earth because poop brown isn't an official FS or BS colour  :D