1/32 F-35C from Trumpeter in april

RNoAF

Glad Trumpeter are still in the 1/32 model jet business.

Holding off until the ex Kitty Hawk reboxings emerge as this year's domestic sector borrowing allows for only three more kit buys = Revell's Hurricane IIB, Airfix's medium scale Banana jet and one other. I was hoping for ICM's Yak-9 or a Trumpy Mirage 2000C rebox, but I could get interested in F-35C after it starts buzzing the Baltic fleet. 

Will be nice to see the fuselage surface detail, and squint a bit at the weapons and wheel wells. I'm guessing a Quinta cockpit set, when one emerges, will be necessary to replace the bubble gum machine cockpit decals which look plain daft. Glad the rubber tyres are there: I'm in that teeny tiny minority that utterly adores them.

Tony  

On 4/30/2022 at 3:49 PM, Jan_G said:

I’m curious if it’s actually been released.  To me, being released means that it’s out and available for purchase, and I don’t see any signs that has actually occurred.  Trumpeter posting an item listing on their web page (notably omitting any sprue shots) doesn’t mean that it’s actually been released.  Not available on eBay or Chinese shops like LuckyModel, and no one has gotten a preview copy.

I don’t think it’s out yet.

1 minute ago, Sidders said:

Will hold out for an F-35B to be released hopefully in the not to distant future.

Yup - me too!

And Welcome to the Forums!

:hi:

Iain

On 5/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, Tony T said:

Glad Trumpeter are still in the 1/32 model jet business.

Holding off until the ex Kitty Hawk reboxings emerge as this year's domestic sector borrowing allows for only three more kit buys = Revell's Hurricane IIB, Airfix's medium scale Banana jet and one other. I was hoping for ICM's Yak-9 or a Trumpy Mirage 2000C rebox, but I could get interested in F-35C after it starts buzzing the Baltic fleet. 

Will be nice to see the fuselage surface detail, and squint a bit at the weapons and wheel wells. I'm guessing a Quinta cockpit set, when one emerges, will be necessary to replace the bubble gum machine cockpit decals which look plain daft. Glad the rubber tyres are there: I'm in that teeny tiny minority that utterly adores them.

Tony  

Tony,

Are you specifically after the Trumpy Mirage 2000C or would a Kitty Hawk one suffice? I have a couple of the latter in stock and available if you are interested? If you are send me a message and we can discuss a price.

Gary

Living the dream in the Kingdom of the Rheged

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, NewtonK said:

Looking forward to this kit - Shame that there is no image of the main fuselage parts.. Looks like the canopy is un-tinted.. the exhaust also looks really poor but imagine that will be fixed quickly by Reskit or someone..