1/32 F-35C from Trumpeter in april

RNoAF

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yep, still holding out for the B model. Im not sure about a Trumpeter version however......As of late I would have to see a preview of things before purchase. 

The good news is that from the C they will get allot of reviews and feedback they can then do a perfect B

2 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

The link doesn't work but I don't think I would waste my money or my time. How close to being remotely accurate even externally could this kit possibly be when your average joe can't get near one let alone Trumpeter in China?

I think Trumpeter would probably not get it right even if they had a real one parked in front of their office!

But let’s wait a bit to see how it good it really is.

7 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

The link doesn't work but I don't think I would waste my money or my time. How close to being remotely accurate even externally could this kit possibly be when your average joe can't get near one let alone Trumpeter in China?

Do not presume. This actually depends on the sources they had to make the design. Kits based on correct plans, kits and information are quite accurate. Others simply copied accurately all the fantasy features of the initial sources. For example, their BAC Lightnings are a total mess but are 'strangely' a perfect 3D copy of a set of fully inaccurate plans!

9 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

that's why it's perfect, if you can't get that close how will you know it's not accurate :D  I'll be wasting my money on it, I want more 1/32 scale aircraft, the only way that will happen is if people buy what's produced. If nobody buys then there's no future kits. I'd rather have a stash full of (what only some see as) imperfection than nothing at all.

5 hours ago, npb748r said:

that's why it's perfect, if you can't get that close how will you know it's not accurate :D  I'll be wasting my money on it, I want more 1/32 scale aircraft, the only way that will happen is if people buy what's produced. If nobody buys then there's no future kits. I'd rather have a stash full of (what only some see as) imperfection than nothing at all.

I would say your observations probably reflect the views of the majority of hobbyists out there. I'll be getting a couple for exactly those same reasons. :D

10 hours ago, npb748r said:

Period.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:35 AM, LSP_Ron said:

Kittyhawk managed to do a 48th -B and Italeri managed to do a 32nd -A so it might not be as hard as you think.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, npb748r said:

Couldn't agree more, really can't understand all the people who gripe about kits not being 100% accurate, personally I'd rather have an inaccurate kit I can work with than sod all.