BELGIAN FIGHTER RENARD R36 at 1/32 scale

topper71

Hi at all,

after some time of inactivity, here I am again with a project that was close to my heart to build at 1/32 scale, a particularly elegant plane, which could perhaps have stood out against the ME 109! But which unfortunately did not have a fast enough development and which was shunned by the Belgian authorities who preferred less efficient aircraft such as the Gloster Gladiator or the Hurricane Hawker! THE RENARD R36 SECOND PROTOTYPE

I was interested in the meantime in 3D and a little in modeling but for the moment in a rather approximate way, because I still find it quite complex, I always admire on the forum the members who model superb 3D models. I finally found on Sketchfab a model "titled Renard R30" made by Head zonkstudios  which allowed me to start from a base that I largely modified from the bible concerning the series of R36 devices Renard writes by Nicolas Godfurnon  here are some photos of the modeling more particularly the cockpit, the very special dashboard, the modified radiator, the canopy rail and other mains details

see you soon for the construction thread topper71

Edited by LSP_Kevin

Good morning all,
after some time of inactivity, here I am again with a project that was close to my heart to build at 1/32 scale, a particularly elegant plane, which could perhaps have stood out against the ME 109! But which unfortunately did not have a fast enough development and which was shunned by the Belgian authorities who preferred less efficient aircraft such as the Gloster Gladiator or the Hurricane Hawker! I was interested in the meantime in 3D and a little in
modeling but for the moment in a rather approximate way, because I still find it quite complex, I always admire on the forum the members who model superb 3D models. I finally found on Sketchfab a model "titled Renard R30" made by head zonkstudios, which allowed me to start from a base that I largely modified from the bible concerning the series of R36 devices Renard writes by Nicolas Godfurnon, here are some photos of the modeling more particularly the cockpit, the very special dashboard, the modified radiator, the canopy rail etc and other small detail

see you soon for the construction thread topper71

I've never heard of this one either! Cool project, Topper. I've just edited your initial post to make it more readable. Good to see that you've figured out the image posting process again; just remember to paste your text is as 'plain text' rather than 'rich text' (you'll be prompted to make the change when you initially paste the text in).

Kev

Thanks Kevin, for your contribution :thumbsup:.... yes I find the problem for pictures !!!

Yes Dennis the Renard R36 look a bit in a Yak 3, It was also powered by a similar engine, the french Hispano Suiza Y12, the Klimov was a copy from them.The latest variant the Renard R38 was powered by a Rolls Royce Merlin engine the same as the Hurricane or the Spitfire.

So see you soon  my Friends 

Regards Marcel 

• 2 weeks later...