F 4 D Phantom Texas ANG

alain11

hi gents

well , since I was a kid , I am a " phan " of the F 4 ( especially the long nose version) I like its "square shoulders " and its "bad guy look " .Today , here is my last build , the D version of the Texas ANG wearing  this "sinister " peint scheme , which adds something more to its rough look 

some add on , and a bit of scratch builds namely: into the cockpit : the old Verlinden cockpit set , "Red fox Ip , and consoles , and "Aires" seats , I scratched build the two rear bulkheads by adding wires and cables etc...... the exhaust nozzles are from " Reskit " , the decals from " techmod " ... A bit of wires and cables into the wheel bays .... 

I think , I have been a bit shy about the weathering , despite of photos showing faded peint , or " odd " spots on the fuselage , but too bad !!! ...It's not perfect , maybe the fin flag is too high but .......    

as I usually  say : enjoy ...or not ...thanks for looking 

Alain

20411.jpg

30010.jpg

30510.jpg

30410.jpg

30110.jpg

30210.jpg

30610.jpg

30910.jpg

31010.jpg

30710.jpg

21111.jpg

21311.jpg

7311.jpg

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Nice build. I am getting ready to do a Texas F-4 in the overall aircraft gray scheme. 

Overall gray scheme is my favorite too! That Euro 1 paint looks good too.

My favorite F-4 ANG squadron. Now if we could get a 32nd F-101B in Texas

markings.....

Cheers...Ron

Hi gents

thank very much for your interest , and comments , I appreciate !!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Really, really nice Alain.  You have done everything to make this Phantom veryspecial and also accurate!.  Congratulations.! You should be proud of this model as you should be.

Cheers,

Chuck

thank you Chuck ,.. I picked up some ideas from your F 4 , namely the two stuffs under tail end ( if you know what I mean );)

@ Nick: The internet , is a fantastic inspiring source to refer ..... thanks for your comment :thumbsup:

Alain

Edited by alain11

Just now, alain11 said:

Hi gents 4

thank very much for your interest , and comments , I appreciate !!!!!!!!!!

thank you Chuck ,.. I picked up some ideas from your F 4 , namely the two stuffs under tail end ( if you know what I mean );)

@ Nick: The internet , is a fantastic inspiring source to refer ..... thanks for your comment :thumbsup:

Alain