Fisher Sea Fury FB11 (2011 revised version, solid wing)

mozart

Early last year when I decided I wanted one, I started my search. There wasn’t a lot of choice though and when they came up on eBay(Uk) they fetched remarkably strong money. I vaguely remember that they’d finish in the £280-£310 region. But equally some were unsold. I’d think you’d need to start at a “sucking in at a reasonable price” and wait and see what happens. As with anything it’s a lotto, but that subject I think you’d do well.

12 hours ago, mozart said:

Thank you both for your answers.  My love of the Sea Fury is overshadowed by that of the Lancaster, so I’ve decided to sell the Sea Fury…..not exactly sure how yet but at least now I have some idea of a “target” price here in the UK. 

Fundingvtowards a Border Lancaster by any chance Max? 

Regards. Andy 

40 minutes ago, mozart said:

:D:P certainly subsidising the cost Andy, and being realistic about what I’ll build and why. I’ve just been looking in detail at the Fisher kit, the mouldings are just incredible and made me think perhaps I should keep it, but it’s no good being wistful about it! :(

I'm in a similar position looking through my stash trying to decide what to sell to fund my Lanc, currently short by around £300 but I do like to fund my big LSP purchases from selling stuff I'm not realistically going to build!

Regards. Andy 

1 hour ago, europapete said:

You should also be willing/prepared to ship internationally too Max, no point limiting your available market. Regards, Pete

I have no problems with international shipping Pete; if the buyer is willing to pay for it, who am I to say no? It always strikes me as odd when many of your compatriots apply the “CONUS only” condition, almost jingoistic it seems! 

5 hours ago, monthebiff said:

I'm in a similar position looking through my stash trying to decide what to sell to fund my Lanc, currently short by around £300 but I do like to fund my big LSP purchases from selling stuff I'm not realistically going to build!

Regards. Andy 

Likewise, I seem to be developing a bias towards Allied stuff of late, so a number of Hasegawa 109's and 190's etc., will be hitting ebay sometime soon to fund this wonder (on preorder with Hannants).

The WNW collection is also under scrutiny, some of the German stuff may have to go! 

A painful process certainly, BUT - the biggest problem is how to get such a bloody gert box into the attic room without SWMBO noticing! 

Currently scripting plausible rebuttals. :unsure:

1 hour ago, CharmyDown said:

A painful process certainly, BUT - the biggest problem is how to get such a bloody gert box into the attic room without SWMBO noticing! 

Currently scripting plausible rebuttals.

having spent most of my working life managing risk, I'd be jumping one stage further back if I was you - can you actually fit that big bloody box through the loft hatch !!!! It's one thing getting caught trying to magic it from the delivery van to the loft, it's a whole higher level of vengeful wife if she adds stupidity into the argument !!!!  :D :D:D

18 minutes ago, npb748r said:

having spent most of my working life managing risk, I'd be jumping one stage further back if I was you - can you actually fit that big bloody box through the loft hatch !!!! It's one thing getting caught trying to magic it from the delivery van to the loft, it's a whole higher level of vengeful wife if she adds stupidity into the argument !!!!  :D :D:D

No problem mate, loft conversion with stairs and a door. :D