Jeannin Stahltaube, E.Wendler (1/32, WNW)

PrzemoL

23 minutes ago, bobster said:

Stunning in intricacy, beauty and detail. One is awaiting for me, if I can ever get there. Hope it turns out nearly as good, if I do. Is that a painted prop?

Thanks. The main photo session was done with the painted prop. But then I replaced it with a carved one20220203-200225.jpg

20220203-200322.jpg

20220203-200251.jpg

Edited by PrzemoL

It looks gorgeous! I recently acquired one of these and am studying the rigging before I start building.

Are there any tips or hints you can provide regarding the rigging in general?

The area at the back on the tail scares me to death.

Any information you can provide or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated!

15 hours ago, ringleheim said:

It looks gorgeous! I recently acquired one of these and am studying the rigging before I start building.

Are there any tips or hints you can provide regarding the rigging in general?

The area at the back on the tail scares me to death.

Any information you can provide or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your kind words and the interest in my build.

As for rigging, some years ago I have made a presentation of my way into rigging. It is available here

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=7902.0

There you can see that I recommend fishing line for 32nd scale. Yet, the delicate elements on ailerons, tail and engine bay in this Taube would not survive large forces from it. So here I used the elastic Uschi line instead.

I struggled to use it in the same manner as I use the fishing line - i.e. eyelets and tubes. I do not like the look of the line just glued to the drilled hole.

Well, it is doable but tricky, the line likes to be attracted to anything around, especially another sections of itself, it is not so stiff so pushing it through the polyimide tube is not easy. I reckon it all took me 3 times more time than it would have with fishing line.

Besides it is evident that Uschi is not round in cross-section, the flattness of the section is evident under magnifying glass. Also it is clearly thinner than 0.12mm fishing line. Yet, I saw no other choice to rig the delicate structure of this bird with those flexible pylons at the wing tips and the tail. 

The main structural rigging is from 0.12 fishing line as the main pylons over and under fuselage were very solid.

There is also a build log if you are interested

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12650.0

If you have any other questions I will be glad to answer.