1/72 Revell Schnellboot ............all at sea

Panzerwomble

Do something different they said …post it on a forum about 1/32 scale aircraft ….doh !

I don't do 'boaty" things or 1/72 but here it regardless…Revell’s S100 Class Schnellboot.

I did the Airfix “E” Boat back in the early 1980’s…..and last naval subject I think, was Bismark …40 years ago .

I much admired the ship modelling of Canadian artist Chris Flodberg, who made some outstanding models a few years back. Sadly his pictures have gone from Facebook but can be found of various ship forums. I’ve been wanting the scratch the naval “itch” for a while.

So : -

S-211 launched 1st October 1944, based out of Hoofden nr Amsterdam, and served in the Channel / North Sea till war's end. Surrendered to England and given to the USSR as war booty. Belonged to the 2nd Schnellboot Flotilla who marked all their boats with "Aces ".

Ace of clubs was S-211 was skippered by OberSteurmann (Chief Petty Officer) Schneider.

Final picture shows 211 after the war crossing the channel to England.

Interesting website research S Boots here

IMG-0472.jpg

IMG-0473.jpg

IMG-0474.jpg

IMG-0476.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments people :D

I maybe have missed a point and should have done this in NMF to keep up with my 2022 theme though ....:huh:

@Uncarina I don't use PE much unless it's large and come with the model . This had none, however some of the plastic bits have been scaled down by bering replaced with wire, and the canvas shrouds on the railings which Revell ignores were made from foil .