Kitty Hawk 1/32 HAF Mirage 2000 EGM

spyrosjzmichos

2 hours ago, F`s are my favs said:

Nice! I'm back and I'm glad to see the Mirage complete. I think I remember you had some mishaps with another model of Mirage or maybe I'm mistaken... you dropped it on the floor or something like that, and then cancelled the build... So I'm very happy that you continued and finished it, or maybe it is a whole new kit (if i'm not mistaken, of course)... :) Anyway, congrats on the final results! It looks splendid. The weathering is lovely! Maybe a very very subtle overal darker filter would be great... to soften the contrasts between the bright colors of the plane, and the black streaks from the weathering....

Many thanks Milan! It's too late to make any adjustments now without damaging anything. I do think that the exposure exaggerates the contrast a bit though. But will see what I can do in subsequent builds.

The other model you're referring to was the MiG-21UM. The decals were so bad I got frustrated and threw it on the floor. But I got another kit and plan to paint all the markings with custom masks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/13/2024 at 7:38 PM, Cycling Guy said:

Incredible work. I've booked marked your thread as I am about to start this kit. I do have one question - how did you manage to leave the nose gear off during the whole build / paint process and install it securely later on?

Many thanks for your kind words!

I simply sliced off the locating pins from the nose gear strut and then glued it in place with superglue at the end. 

The front wheel well is shallow enough to be able to easily glue the strut at the correct position.