WnW Models - Website and Sales Info

spyrosjzmichos

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some info I got directly from WnW models.

I came across a number of forum posts mentioning they were still selling their leftover models via their website.

I checked their website and indeed noticed it seemed to be working like normal.

Not wanting to risk paying for something non existent I decided to email them directly about a possible order.

Here's the reply I got from Pete Connor:

"Dear Spyros,

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid to say we are still not open for sales at this point.  However, we are hoping to reopen soon, so I will put your name on our list of people interested in making a purchase, and as soon as we have some news, we will automatically update you by email.

I am sorry I cannot be of more assistance at this point, but hopefully we can get some model kits in your hands soon.

Kind Regards

Pete Connor

Peter Connor | Military Historian | Wingnut Group Ltd | Wellington, New Zealand"

While it may not necessarily mean we will be able to buy from WnW thought it would worth letting them you are willing to order should they get back online.

That's an interesting correspondence from Mr Connor and whilst I would  be delighted for them to start up again, I view this with some scepticism given it will be 2 years this Spring since they closed up shop. I thought also that all remaining stock had been snapped up by at least 2 major importers (one in the US and one in Germany) so that would mean they commenced operations from scratch again along with all the production, packaging, new decals, instructions re-printed etc. etc. all needing to be organised and re-contracted out.

And what of 'putting the band back together' who have all now seemingly formed a new one with Kotare Models..?

Personally, I will believe it when I see it but would dearly love to be proved wrong on this one.

Gary

I could be wrong, but I’m betting it’s just some local stock that they laying around in their warehouse before they shut down, not that they are resuming production.  I also suspect that it’s pretty much the more recent kits that were still available when they shut down, similar to what they sold at the tent they had at a NZ air show a while ago.  But, we’ll see what, if anything, happens when it does (or doesn’t) happen.

You can't buy anything from the WNW website - if you try to do so, you'll just get redirected to the 'sorry we're closed' message. Since they first shut down the only signs of life have been the distribution of remaining kits that were in warehouses to a couple of suppliers, and a (very) small sale of kits from the WNW offices at an airshow in NZ last year.

56 minutes ago, oyoy5 said:

Do you think someone will buy the molds and start producing the kits again under a new label, someone possibly in China?

We've had countless threads on that in the past, don't think we need another, and in the interests of sanity I'm going to lock this thread.

ps. here's a review I wrote of the Copper State Models Caudron G.III, better than the WnW's version!