Hawker Typhoon EL-E MN639 - Airfix 1/24

Warbird

Hi Guys,

Here is my Airfix Typhoon ready for D-Day! Overall a very nice kit that fits very well all closed except for the cowling area, where some efforts is required. From the box except Barracuda air intake ring, Master RP-3s, RB Productions harness and Eduard wheels.

Painted with Gunze and Tamiya, Silouhette masks for all markings.

Model completed a couple of months ago but photography caused me some troubles.

NB: Photos are 1500px wide.

Tristan

img_2911.jpg

img_3010.jpgimg_3012.jpgimg_3011.jpgimg_3110.jpgimg_3112.jpgimg_3111.jpgimg_3113.jpgimg_3114.jpgimg_3115.jpgimg_2910.jpg

Edited by Warbird

2 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

Woooowwww that looks amazing !! Beautiful work !

Those things hanging out the back of the rockets - is that safety thingies or did they stay on when they took off? Never seen that before

Those are the tails that connected the rockets to the aircraft and fired them, there is an interesting article on Britmodeller on the subject ignore the title, it's not just about Hurricanes.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234938660-colour-of-rockets-fitted-to-hurricane/page/2/

FdTpL3.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Hello Tristan. 

Thank you for sharing photos of your Typhoon. 

Your model is beautifully finished and the photography is first rate. Congratulations on a stunning build.:clap2:

I am extremely impressed by the restraint shown. The subtle but magnificently rendered weathering are sublime. 

Brilliant job, well done. :bow: