Tamiya P-38J non-release

Steve Eagle

• Kagemusha changed the title to Tamiya P-38J non-release

I couldn't agree more. A Tamiya 1/32 P-38J and/or a P-38L would be most welcome. Trumpeter's P-38 can be built into a good model (below) but a Tamiya kit would undoubtedly be a great model and a perfect companion for their Mosquito. I can see it now - open cockpit, two highly detailed Allison engines, an open gun bay and detailed wheel wells. 

5QhgMHG.jpg

I can think of at least 5 LSPs that have just come out or will be that will keep most of the people on here happy for a while, ZM 109g, Great Wall p-40, Border Model Lancaster, Border Model Stuka, Airfix Spitfire IX.  So while I wish Tamiya would do any new 1/32.  There is plenty to do without them.

That is, cbk57, assuming that those kits are on one's want list. For me, from your list, I'll get the Airfix 1/24 Spit IXc and still buy a Tamiya 1/38 P-38 to go with my Tamiya Spit IXc, P-51D, Mosquito and Corsair should they release it. It's not that the other kits are bad; it's simply a matter of personal taste/wants. Others may differ.

5 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I've just edited the title, so people don't get their hopes up, no doubt this will now become a wish-list thread.

Since you brought it up - need a new tool P-51D!   A license to print money!     Only after this massive gap is filled, would I humbly suggest that they put out an F-86 (any version, I could care less).   

I wish Americans would learn to understand the phrases they parrot.

"I could care less" is meaningless drivel. Could you really? How much less? How about a bit less than that again?

The correct term is "I couldn't care less", meaning you don't care at all. It would be impossible for you to care one jot.

Which is I presume what you mean to say.

And yes, a Tamiya new tool 1/32 F-86 would be great, but what problems do you have with either of the existing Revell or Tamiya P-51s?.

Edited by Chek

37 minutes ago, Chek said:

I wish Americans would learn to understand the phrases they parrot.

"I could care less" is meaningless drivel. Could you really? How much less? How about a bit less than that again?

The correct term is "I couldn't care less", meaning you don't care at all. It would be impossible for you to care one jot.

Which is I presume what you mean to say.

And yes, a Tamiya new tool 1/32 F-86 would be great, but what problems do you have with either of the existing Revell or Tamiya P-51s?.

In America, the two terms are synonymous. As to the Mustang reference, I think that was sarcasm.